News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdansti

Quote from: deadastronaut on April 23, 2013, 05:35:44 AM
here's a picture of 2 smoked fish and a salad. (note : not actual size)

But are they multi-purpose???  Hmmm???
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

kato

Quote from: ch1naski on April 21, 2013, 02:07:24 PM
Tried using the "brush/sponge-on " method, with partial success. Next time I'll get it, learning from my mistakes and experience .

Great for those times when you feel like stepping on clint eastwoods face!   :icon_evil:

Seriously though, it looks great.  Etches with imperfections look stylistically intentional - lending an antiqued, timeless look. Clint seems like he's materializing in a surreal metal mist. I'd be proud of that one.

PS, is that a Pigtronix retail box it's sitting on?  Gonna have a look inside?
If school won't teach you how to fight for what's needed
They're teaching you to go through life and get cheated.

ch1naski

Quote from: Hexjibber on April 23, 2013, 05:37:57 AM

The etches are coming along well! Glad to see you've stuck at it, that one looks like it could do with being a bit deeper, would you agree? I've found recently that constantly agitating the etchant has really helped with getting a clean etch, I still use the pipette method but sort of move the solution around on top of the box. Worked a treat last time and I managed to get a much deeper etch before the mask started getting eaten away at. I'd definitely recommend giving NaOH a go if you're experimenting.

Thanks, man.
Yea, it needed a bit longer to get it deeper, but the etchant had started to get under the toner and nail polish around the words, so I mistakenly thought it was deep enough. I may just grab a bottle of NaOH this weekend.

Quote from: Jdansti on April 23, 2013, 06:04:23 AM

But are they multi-purpose???  Hmmm???

according to the book, "hammer of the gods", there are multiple uses for a whole fish. ;)
Quote from: kato on April 23, 2013, 07:41:28 AM
Tried using the "brush/sponge-on " method, with partial success. Next time I'll get it, learning from my mistakes and experience .

Great for those times when you feel like stepping on clint eastwoods face!   :icon_evil:

Seriously though, it looks great.  Etches with imperfections look stylistically intentional - lending an antiqued, timeless look. Clint seems like he's materializing in a surreal metal mist. I'd be proud of that one.

PS, is that a Pigtronix retail box it's sitting on?  Gonna have a look inside?
Thanks, man.
Unfortunately, it's just a catalogue for pigtronix.  Wishful thinking......:P
Mockingbird wish me luck.

ch1naski

ch1naski

ch1naski

Jdansti

ch1naski: I like the Eastwood etch. I think the incomplete etch adds to the character of the theme. :)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

midwayfair

You tease.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

SmoothAction

Just a 5 channel bypass looper with a Klon buffer upfront. Not painted yet. Tired of stripping wires for the day. Wiring is my least favorite part of building, but it's nice when the layout is symmetric for wiring outside of the enclosure. Thanks for looking.

Guts

Building...

"Never heard a man speak like this man before, never heard a man speak like this man before. All the days of my life ever since I've been born, never heard a man speak like this man before."

haveyouseenhim

^ F---ing nice!   Where did you get that enclosure?
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

midwayfair

^ Hey, cool. Can't remember the last thing I saw built in a P1. Seems like a nice in-between alternative to a 125B or 1590BB.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

alparent

Is that your new standard format? Noticed you've been selling off a lot of enclosures lately!

John Lyons

^ No, I generally use 125B size boxes. I really like these but $11 each is rough for all the time usage.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Hexjibber

Quote from: John Lyons on April 23, 2013, 07:18:25 PM
Two new ones.

Hi John,

Nice builds! I'm thinking about adding a mid pot to my upcoming Ram's Head build, there seem to be numerous ways of doing it, any way in particular you'd recommend? I'm still building from pre-fabbed PCB's so I don't know if that changes how I would go about it?

Thanks,
Graham

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Hexjibber

markeebee

*Hijack alert*

Hexjibber - cool - another Brightonian.  You big poof.

Is your band playing in town anytime soon?

Hexjibber

Quote from: markeebee on April 25, 2013, 07:25:55 AM
*Hijack alert*

Hexjibber - cool - another Brightonian.  You big poof.

Is your band playing in town anytime soon?

Haha, hi Mark! Lovely spot of weather we're having today!

I've found it nigh on impossible to get us a gig down here, the rest of the lads are based in London and further north so Brighton promoters seems to hold that against me! Got to keep trying though, perhaps I'm just asking the wrong people/questions!

deadastronaut

^ try the straight clubs...if there are any. ;D :D
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//