Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenmachine

May we see it with the LEDs lit up?

Nikolay

Quote from: gcme93 on June 08, 2013, 11:58:33 AM

It looks like he's Frankenstein-ing a Boss tuner into it. Hopefully he'll change the boss pedals to true bypass and put a decent buffer at the front of all of this ;)

Very nice design Nikolay!

Thanks. Yes. the switching will be made with relays. I will not put a buffer at the front. It is not necessary because the outputs are transformer balanced and the input is in the same enclosure. There are not a long cables inside.

EATyourGuitar

moog ramp VCO core running on 9v single supply. just two transistors gets you a nice linear ramp at any frequency from LFO to RF with just some resistor changes.

WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

ch1naski

I am in shock that you could build another one of those  Andromeda units....I somehow hoped it was a beautiful fluke;)
Mockingbird wish me luck.

midwayfair

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on June 08, 2013, 04:49:49 PM
@pickdropper

Just out of curiosity...

How much do you normally get for that build?

The buyer's firstborn.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on June 08, 2013, 07:23:39 PM
@pickdropper

Just out of curiosity...

The buyer's firstborn.

Jon's not too far off the mark.   :icon_mrgreen:

To seriously answer the question, there isn't a normal price for it.  To date, I've built two, one for somebody else and one for me.  I don't currently have plans to build a third.  It is just a really time consuming build, particularly this last one.  Even though it is basically four/five pedals in one, it takes much longer than building four individual pedals.

The only hangup is that I have a drilled, etched enclosure and plates for one that matches first Andromeda build.  There is a slight possibility that I will populate that a LONG time from now because I don't want to waste it, but it is entirely possible I will just leave it be.

pickdropper

Quote from: Greenmachine on June 08, 2013, 05:02:05 PM
May we see it with the LEDs lit up?

Yeah, I can probably take a picture of it.  It's not all that exciting, just a few glowing rings.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: pickdropper on June 08, 2013, 07:27:15 PM
@pickdropper

Just out of curiosity...

The buyer's firstborn.

To seriously answer the question, there isn't a normal price for it.  To date, I've built two, one for somebody else and one for me.  I don't currently have plans to build a third.  It is just a really time consuming build, particularly this last one.  Even though it is basically four/five pedals in one, it takes much longer than building four individual pedals.

The only hangup is that I have a drilled, etched enclosure and plates for one that matches first Andromeda build.  There is a slight possibility that I will populate that a LONG time from now because I don't want to waste it, but it is entirely possible I will just leave it be.

Sounds like a good candidate for a 10 year anniversary prize  ;D  :icon_eek:  :icon_mrgreen:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

ch1naski

Yes, this.
Just the enclosure and played would be awesome. I'll take two, please.;)

pickdropper

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on June 08, 2013, 09:48:33 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on June 08, 2013, 07:27:15 PM
@pickdropper

Just out of curiosity...

The buyer's firstborn.

Sounds like a good candidate for a 10 year anniversary prize  ;D  :icon_eek:  :icon_mrgreen:

Come talk to me at the 20 year anniversary.  :icon_mrgreen:

glops

Quote from: pickdropper on June 08, 2013, 11:59:23 AM

That might be my all time favorite build ever. Just elegant. Love those plates!

gcme93

Quote from: glops on June 09, 2013, 03:47:41 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on June 08, 2013, 11:59:23 AM

That might be my all time favorite build ever. Just elegant. Love those plates!

In my opinion, these two guys have made some of the very best pedal designs I've seen here. And they're humble enough to compliment each other!
Piss poor playing is why i make pedals.

deadastronaut

^ +1:

simply stunning...uber cool. 8) 8) 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Hexjibber

Meathead Deluxe clone, in the right topic this time!  :icon_redface:

ch1naski

That's etched, isn't it? Both threads are the right place!

pickdropper

Thanks for the kind words, folks. 

Hex, that etch looks great.

Focalized

That Andromeda should be in a sci-fi film somehow. Or the design and look a basis for a ships controls or something.

Hexjibber

Quote from: ch1naski on June 09, 2013, 07:07:37 PM
That's etched, isn't it? Both threads are the right place!

I managed to post it in the guitars thread by mistake originally!   :icon_redface:

Quote from: pickdropper on June 09, 2013, 07:43:40 PM
Hex, that etch looks great.

Thanks man, pleased with it on the whole! That Andromeda pedal is something else though, fine work indeed!

bluebunny

Quote from: Focalized on June 10, 2013, 03:27:10 AM
Or the design and look a basis for a ships controls or something.

"Set course for Altair IV, Mr Sulu, ahead warp factor one."

"Aye Sir!"  <warble> <mix> <feedback> <phase> <feedback>   :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

ch1naski

Quote from: bluebunny on June 10, 2013, 03:27:42 PM
Quote from: Focalized on June 10, 2013, 03:27:10 AMOr the design and look a basis for a ships controls or something.

"Set course for Altair IV, Mr Sulu, ahead warp factor one."

"Aye Sir!"  <warble> <mix> <feedback> <phase> <feedback>   :icon_lol:
hands down. That's the best verbal representation of the starship enterprise I've ever read.