News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artifus

Quote from: Jopn on June 14, 2013, 01:41:58 PM
If there's one thing I've learned in the last 2 months since I starting this hobby, piss poor playing rarely stops people from making demo videos.

piss poor playing is why i make pedals.

gcme93

Quote from: artifus on June 14, 2013, 04:15:07 PM

Mind if I make this my signature at the bottom? (about myself, I won't name drop you!)
Piss poor playing is why i make pedals.

bluebunny

Quote from: gcme93 on June 14, 2013, 04:43:05 PM

Mind if I make this my signature at the bottom? (about myself, I won't name drop you!)

I think we may need to draw lots, George!   :D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

GGBB

Quote from: roseblood11 on June 14, 2013, 04:10:27 PM
Quote from: deadastronaut on June 14, 2013, 03:21:56 AM
^ going by that and the DC socket, i'd guess it was a specific build to fit a board...

Correct. It will take the place in the middle of my board, replacing the footswitch of the Jamman (signal chain: Rose Screamer > DLS > CE-2). The pedal has two DC sockets in parallel, because my power supply doesn't have enough sockets, and I don't like daisy chains.

http://forum.musikding.de/cpg/albums/userpics/23524/pedalboard.JPG

May I please know ... what are those pancake connectors (in the Rose Screamer)  and where do you get them?  And what are you hiding in the mint box?
  • SUPPORTER

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Slade on June 14, 2013, 02:25:38 PM
Govmnt_Lacky... you, bastard....

:icon_eek:

I love you too  ::)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

ch1naski

Quote from: Jopn on June 14, 2013, 01:41:58 PM
If there's one thing I've learned in the last 2 months since I starting this hobby, piss poor playing rarely stops people from making demo videos.

that's going to be the logo on all my pedals from now on. ;)

G.lacky, that thing is just crazy bitchin'.
8)
Mockingbird wish me luck.

micromegas

[/quote]

Yeah, wow indeed!  Loving all those bright lights!

;D
[/quote]

Love the Wallace & Gromit reference. I would build a rocket and fly to the moon too if run out of cheese. :)
Software Developer @ bela.io

Liquitone

Impressive build Govmnt Lacky! looking really good.
I'm still trying to work out all those LED's functions... are there some just for show or do they change color when you toggle the switches?

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Liquitone on June 15, 2013, 11:22:40 AM
I'm still trying to work out all those LED's functions... are there some just for show or do they change color when you toggle the switches?

Thanks for the kind words!  ;)

All of the LEDs are status indicators. All but one of them will toggle on/off depending on the switch position.

The FFM/Both/Repeat LED is a common cathode (or anode... don't really remember) Red/Green LED. That is the only LED that is on regardless of the switch position.

I used diffused LEDs for all of the stomp indicators and used Superbrights for all of the toggles.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

Liquitone

Ah that makes sense,.
I stopped putting LED's on toggle switches, but I guess with that many switches, the LED's helps to quickly see which functions are on and which are not.
It sure is a lot more compact that the original ludwig !
I would love to build one myself, but since I build in turret-style I dread to think how big it will turn out :P

artifus

Quote from: bluebunny on June 14, 2013, 04:45:30 PM
Quote from: gcme93 on June 14, 2013, 04:43:05 PM

I think we may need to draw lots, George!   :D

looks like george beat you to it marc. i feel honoured to have inspired a sig.
as a side note, apparently i am not supposed to drink on this medication.
:icon_redface:

Jdansti

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on June 14, 2013, 10:44:12 AM
BOOM!!!!!

Quite a successful build! The excellent etch job is courtesy of Jim (Mustachio) and I can only say WOW to that!!!
Took quite a while to fully tune in but it sings like a canary now!  ;D

Really awesome, Greg!   ;)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

ch1naski

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on June 15, 2013, 12:23:05 PM
Quote from: Liquitone on June 15, 2013, 11:22:40 AM

Thanks for the kind words!  ;)

All of the LEDs are status indicators. All but one of them will toggle on/off depending on the switch position.

The FFM/Both/Repeat LED is a common cathode (or anode... don't really remember) Red/Green LED. That is the only LED that is on regardless of the switch position.

I used diffused LEDs for all of the stomp indicators and used Superbrights for all of the toggles.
man, that's a lot of extra wiring with those switch led's. You really went all-out.
Mockingbird wish me luck.

deadastronaut

@greg: really nice build man, reminds me of xmas.. ;D

cool as f.. :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: ch1naski on June 16, 2013, 01:42:11 AM
man, that's a lot of extra wiring with those switch led's. You really went all-out.

Not really.

All of the indicator LEDs are PCB mounted. It was a huge pain to get everything lined up with the bezels though  :-\

bluebunny

Quote from: deadastronaut on June 16, 2013, 06:25:19 AM
@greg: really nice build man, reminds me of xmas.. ;D

You wouldn't need to drag along lights when you gig!

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on June 16, 2013, 09:20:18 AM
All of the indicator LEDs are PCB mounted. It was a huge pain to get everything lined up with the bezels though  :-\

A second time: wow!  Any shots of the board before you stuck in the box?
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Rethfing

@Govmnt - how do you use those led bezels? They have this piece of plastic and I cant figure it out how to lock the bezel in it :D

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Rethfing on June 16, 2013, 05:55:56 PM
@Govmnt - how do you use those led bezels? They have this piece of plastic and I cant figure it out how to lock the bezel in it :D

I have had this problem as well. Those plastic pieces do not offer much support for the LED. I think their only purpose (IMHO) is to keep the LED leads from shorting to the bezel.

Jdansti

Of all of the hardware we use, LED bezels (at least the ones I've seen) are the most under-engineered!  How about putting some threads on that plastic insulator and on the inside of the bezel (or some other positive capture). I don't like relying on a press fit.
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...