News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: pickdropper on July 21, 2013, 10:33:22 AM
Made myself a new breadboard rig (finally)

The lettering washed out a bit in the sun.  It's better in person (the side shots show a bit more what it really looks like).

GOODNESS!!!! you take my idea great!!!! I have a lot of plexi 6mm!!!! I wana do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jdansti

@pickdropper:  very nice and functional!!!  :)

It looks like the "pot holder" ;) is removable and can be used on either side. Great planning and execution! :)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

pickdropper

Thanks Jdansti,

The pot holder is indeed removable and can be used on either side.  Below the pot area is a place to mount switches.  Those are mounted a bit low, so I'll probably make another one with the holes mounted higher.

~arph

ch1naski

That breadboard is a miracle. Perfect!
Mockingbird wish me luck.

Strat68okc

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on July 21, 2013, 02:29:42 AM
I had a really fun time building this one. On my trip to Tuscaloosa I took an enclosure with and peppered it with about 20 rounds of birdshot. ;D
It is a Thor modified V1.2 from THcustoms. I really like the thought he put in to where to place the wiring pads. It made it easy to do a neat wiring job. And boy does it sound beasty.
I used 4 of the 20 gauge shells that I shot it with to make knobs by pressing out the primers on my reloading press. And I used some .22LR casings to cover the toggles. One is a Federal stamped with an 'F' for fat and one is a CCI marked with a 'C' for channel.

John Lyons wishes he could hammer tone like me :icon_mrgreen: :icon_razz:

Hey man, Nice Shot...

Mustachio

Dat Breadboard!  :icon_eek:

Your designs are great man props!
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

ch1naski

Eternity Burst clone.

I painted the copper hammer tone myself. Came out pretty close to what I normally buy in a pre-painted enclosure....

Everything socketed, in case I want to change it to a "black" version.

The first TS style pedal that I've ever played thru. 
Meh.....

haveyouseenhim

Beautiful finish. Is that waterslide graphics? It looks seamless with no bubbles on that type of finish.
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

Mac Walker

Awesome, I have had the same idea but using laser cut aluminum.....the advantage is you could ship an aluminum enclosure, flat pack style, for dirt cheap, in a standard sized envelope......there just aren't enough hours in the day!

pickdropper

Quote from: Mac Walker on July 22, 2013, 08:25:06 PM

Awesome, I have had the same idea but using laser cut aluminum.....the advantage is you could ship an aluminum enclosure, flat pack style, for dirt cheap, in a standard sized envelope......there just aren't enough hours in the day!

The anodized aluminum idea is an intriguing one.  If you have access to a laser cutter that will do aluminum, I'd love to see you give it a crack. 

If you are doing aluminum, I wouldn't use the finger joint style as there are better options.  Take a look at Lansing Enclosures, you might get an idea of a way to make a good aluminum enclosure that can be flat packed.

If you had black anodized panels, it could be laser etched to look really, really sharp.  If you prefer silver, you could laser mark them.  The whole thing could look fantastic, and VERY professional.

Not sure about shipping it dirt cheap, however.  If you use 1/8" aluminum panels, it would probably weight a decent amount once you had all of the parts.  Flat pack shipping should save a few bucks.

ch1naski

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on July 22, 2013, 01:35:01 AM
Beautiful finish. Is that waterslide graphics? It looks seamless with no bubbles on that type of finish.
yes, waterslide. I didn't think it was going to work, with that type of paint. The decal settled into the nooks on it's own.

rousejeremy

A Foxx Tone Machine clone I build to be raffled off as a fund raiser to send the boxing team from my gym to a tournament in Kansas.

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

jimilee

Outstanding art work, is that done freehand with paints?

rousejeremy

I wish. Stickers from a local art store.

davent

That looks great Jeremy! Good luck with the raffle, are you going to KC?

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

rousejeremy

Quote from: davent on July 24, 2013, 05:28:15 PM
That looks great Jeremy! Good luck with the raffle, are you going to KC?

dave

Thanks. I am not going to KC, there are three ladies competing in the tournament from the gym. I am a Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu guy myself (Just passed my intermediate Muay Thai test) but I'd like to help the fighters at the gym. They have to go out of their own pockets to attend these tournaments, that combined with all the hours they put in training kinda reminds me of what I have had to go through as a musician.

Mac Walker

Robert C. Byrd institute, Huntington, WV.  The original Makerspace, lol....

Created about a decade after the supply siders & money hoarders took over...  Robert C. Byrd was a highly influential senator from my state, who sadly passed a few years ago.

This is a training area, manual milling machines.  These machines sit idle 99% of the time.  Something to do with an artifical pegging of the Yuan to the dollar.  errrr something.....

Lathes...

CNC vertical milling machine.  Haas is the last American manufacturer of this type of equipment, based in good 'ol California, USA.  I think even the GE Fanuc stuff is handled by the Japanese these days...

Now for the fun stuff, 4000W CNC laser machine, using nitrogen in this case to cut 1/16" sheet aluminum....

Pedal boxes, model JL3C, removed and stacked, I have some bending to do!

Anyone interested in some custom wedge enclosures, I have posted purchase details here, PLEASE CHECK FOR NEW PRICING at the end of the thread.....

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=97548.0

so bookmark if you're interested.

Here are some finished pics from the last run, previous run, by Glops and Arcane Analog, respectively....

http://arcaneanalog.bigcartel.com/product/arcane-analog-buzzsaw-buzaround-tribute-1-of-3

Sorry to be so spammy, but.....there is plenty of space, and.....it's for the kids!

Mustachio

Awesome pics Mac! I love to see places like those! And the wedge enclosures are super nice I might have to pick a few up if I can muster up some cash soon! Great stuff always enjoy your posts, I still need to make one of those home made breaks!
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

deadastronaut

@jeremy:  good man, looks great... :icon_cool:

@mac: droooooollllllll........could have some fun in there.. :icon_cool:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//