Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fretzburner

2 in 1 pedal phaser(45-90-script) and compressor

free image hosting

defaced

QuoteThis is a training area, manual milling machines.  These machines sit idle 99% of the time.
That's sad.  Those are nice mills that deserve to be run.  Otherwise, is the center busy?  That looks like a nice facility. 
-Mike

pickdropper

Wow Mac, that looks like a great space.

I think I'd go insane in there.  They'd probably find me dead and hunched over a machine because I'd forgotten to eat or sleep.

John Lyons

^ Indeed. Same here. Cause of death: Production overdose!
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

haveyouseenhim

I would love to visit a hackerspace like that. Although I'm quite afraid of metal lathes.  Just google 'Don't lathe me bro'   WARNING EXTREME GORE
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

liagasg

SOund checking my latest build. Images of the enclosure coming up soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAsS9CcNa2Y
Warlord Custom

wavley

Quote from: Mac Walker on July 24, 2013, 10:18:58 PM
Robert C. Byrd institute, Huntington, WV.  The original Makerspace, lol....
I work for NRAO, we benefited greatly from Byrd, of course now that he's gone the NSF is phasing out the telescope that is named after him.  Which is sad because it's still new and constantly being improved and is also the world's largest land based fully steerable object.  And also, it cost a lot of money, it's only been ten years since it was completed, and is being de-funded over the next five years.  It still has quite a bit of science left in it. http://www.savethegbt.org/

Quote from: Mac Walker on July 24, 2013, 10:18:58 PM
CNC vertical milling machine.  Haas is the last American manufacturer of this type of equipment, based in good 'ol California, USA.  I think even the GE Fanuc stuff is handled by the Japanese these days...

I believe that Bostomatic is still made in MA.

New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

garcho

I love this forum.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

ch1naski

I wish I had access to cnc machines.....I was actually trained/certified on fanuc and Mazak machines.

Not sure how much g-code I remember, though
Mockingbird wish me luck.

Mac Walker

Quote from: defaced on July 25, 2013, 09:20:45 AM
That's sad.  Those are nice mills that deserve to be run.  Otherwise, is the center busy?  That looks like a nice facility. 

Training center never gets used, the laser CNC is booked solid though, it's a brand new machine.  I got lucky because they had a cancellation, normally there is a long wait for access to the machine.

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on July 25, 2013, 11:31:01 AM

Just google 'Don't lathe me bro'   WARNING EXTREME GORE

No way!  I can't even watch "America's Funniest Near-Paraplegic Trampoline Incidents" on TV! The audience laughs, and I'm thinking to myself, that idiot just came inches from breaking his neck!

Quote from: wavley on July 25, 2013, 12:01:11 PM

I believe that Bostomatic is still made in MA.

I stand corrected.  Although it looks like their stuff is so well engineered, all they do is electrical/software retrofits of older machines.

John Lyons

ESR graphic Fuzz Variant.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

haveyouseenhim

• SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

guitarmageddon

^ ;D I was going to say mint condition...

A build of something akin to the Wampler Dual Fusion (Paisley Dive and an Ecstasy.)

I changed a few values to make them play nice together. I kept some of the options from the single pedals too.

ch1naski

Quote from: John Lyons on July 26, 2013, 10:28:09 PM
ESR graphic Fuzz Variant.

it just kills me that you hammer tone the P C B........8)
Mockingbird wish me luck.

Focalized

I loved those painted PCB boards. I like to do it to on my vero boards, now for my own visual enjoyment.

Since we all know what to expect from a Basic Audio pedal, I sometimes am more impressed with the picture background settings.

With that one I'm not sure if that's real. Is it floating among some weeds? Or is it photo-shopped? 

Scruffie

Quote from: Focalized on July 27, 2013, 05:32:44 AM
I loved those painted PCB boards. I like to do it to on my vero boards, now for my own visual enjoyment.

Since we all know what to expect from a Basic Audio pedal, I sometimes am more impressed with the picture background settings.

With that one I'm not sure if that's real. Is it floating among some weeds? Or is it photo-shopped? 
Looks like it's laid in mint to me.

Photoshop? Look at the leaves bending against the enclosure, that'd be a wholeee lotta effort.

Focalized

I know but it's got a real popping 3D look to it. I'm apprehensive on its authenticity and might need a build report.

Jdansti

^I think that's a testament that John's as good at photography as he is at building pedals!  ;)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

John Lyons

Yes, it's sitting in a mint plant. I don't have that much time to photoshop stuff.
But I do have some interesting backgrounds so....
Thanks guys.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Focalized

Fuzz, Phase 90, Fuzz.

Fuzz Face, and one Knob Fuzz on right, Meathead I think.  Used the Duplicolor mist over Rustoleum again that gives the wrinkle effect. Some reason it doesn't work with Krylon. Not sure what is different about the Rustoleum.
A careful even mist can make it look like a solid textured paint.

And a Phase 90 with my second and successful try at the layout. Sounds great. The trim pot had a good enough range to be useful. goes from a wahwah wowo to a wahwah-wee wee if that makes sense. Tried Hammer paint over orange. Cool I think.

Little soundcloud link showing the sound. The light hiss is just a fan.

https://soundcloud.com/focalized/phase-90/s-gSh44