News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac Walker

Quote from: Focalized on July 28, 2013, 03:51:23 AM

Used the Duplicolor mist over Rustoleum again that gives the wrinkle effect. Some reason it doesn't work with Krylon. Not sure what is different about the Rustoleum.
A careful even mist can make it look like a solid textured paint.

Care to share the specific Duplicolor and Rustoleum part #'s?  Thanks! 

Also, do you let the primer dry, or spray the Duplicolor while the primer is still wet?

Focalized

No specific part numbers, just the brand and whatever makeup their ingredients are. I sprayed a light mist of Duplicolor right after the Rustoleum. Still wet. The Duplicolor spreads out like you see. Like a crystalized effect.  

The left one is metallic black over yellow. The other is red over light grey. 

John Lyons

Nice paint Focalized!
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Liquitone

Finally found some time to build some new pedals,  first one finished is my 2nd vibe in a wah-shell, redesigned a bit to solve some reliability issues I had on a previous build. This one has relay-bypass and cancel switch at the heel.

Govmnt_Lacky

PURE ART!!!

Sweet vibe Liqui.  :o  :icon_eek:  :icon_cool:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

rousejeremy

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

chi_boy

WOW!  That is a masterpiece.
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

pickdropper

Wow, I love everything about that build.

Greenmachine

Liquitone for President.

Liquitone

ch1naski

Not one iota of space wasted in that shell. Beauty.
Mockingbird wish me luck.

Liquitone

thanks! It was quite a challenge getting all that fit while still have enough room to work in for the wiring etc. I learned from the previous one which had the power/lfo board covering the relay, in/out section and the pinion-gear, making adjustments and troubleshooting a nightmare.

GodSaveMetal

PLEASE Liquitone; you have to made a topic of that VIBE please please  :icon_eek:  :icon_eek:, all!! layout PCB all please please!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post that all the details!!!!!!! :icon_surprised: :icon_surprised:

ch1naski

Is it based on the univibe in a wah shell project?

Liquitone

@ ch1naski; yes and no, It's similar in the way that they are both Uni-Vibe circuits inside a wah-shell, but I designed the layout from scratch, using the original Uni-Vibe schematics, R.G Keen's articles and taking all the things I've learned from previous builds. I did read the articles and forum posts on the UVICS for technical info. This build is basically a classic Uni-Vibe circuit with the low input impedance and cancel-switch at the heel, but the single darlington in the lfo, trimmer for unity gain and phase mix I took from R.G's article. It also has the old style power filtering for the audio-path, but decoupled the power to the LFO with a regulator to keep LFO noise out of the audio-path and other pedals.

@GodSaveMetal; I will try to do that when I have more time on my hands, at the moment I am very busy finishing my current projects and trying to set up my own business, and my health isn't that good at the moment, so I will have to steer all my time and energy towards that for the moment.

ch1naski

Wishing you good health, my friend.

joegagan

love that univibe ----extreme kudos!
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

MrStab

I re-housed my trusty modded Tube Screamer clone earlier:

http://i.imgur.com/1D2tK3w.jpg

i'm not any good at aesthetics (or drilling), but i've always been okay at turd polishing. decided to add a switch to go from my preferred asymmetrical silicon clip to LED clipping for no reason. i originally built this out of boredom, put it in a really poor enclosure, and liked it so much that i've used it live ever since,  so i figured i needed to make it more robust to prevent it falling apart and making horrific screeching noises through a loud amp & PA (although my playing sounds like that anyway)
Recovered guitar player.
Electronics manufacturer.

mistahead

Clean aesthetics are good.

I like the style and the build.

MrStab

cheers man! this is the 3rd pedal i've built with this overall style, the 1st i've made for myself. i got really far with water slide decals, but i'm a complete idiot with clear coat, which inadvertently led to my boxes looking like this.
Recovered guitar player.
Electronics manufacturer.