Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rousejeremy

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

roseblood11

Quote from: GGBB on September 01, 2013, 01:57:03 PM

I wish I had placed the jacks like that in all my pedals! Saves a lot of space on the board...

davent

Quote from: GGBB on September 01, 2013, 01:57:03 PM
Previously posted in the 10th Anniversary context thread - Orange Smoothie Compressor.  Somewhere between an Orange Squeezer and Mark Hammer's Tangerine Peeler:

Great reward for all your efforts there Gord, came out great!
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

GGBB

Quote from: rousejeremy on September 01, 2013, 02:53:44 PM
That's a beauty!

Thanks Jeremy.  Ouch! on that toe - I guess they don't give you a cast or anything for that, eh?
  • SUPPORTER

rousejeremy

Quote from: GGBB on September 01, 2013, 04:45:14 PM
Quote from: rousejeremy on September 01, 2013, 02:53:44 PM
That's a beauty!

Thanks Jeremy.  Ouch! on that toe - I guess they don't give you a cast or anything for that, eh?
Nope, just a roll of tape.

That compressor really looks great. Do you sell any of your stuff in shops around Toronto?
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

GGBB

No - just building for self.  My pace is currently one pedal a year - and it takes me most of the year.  If I sold and charged minimum wage for labour, I'd have to charge about a grand each.   :icon_biggrin:
  • SUPPORTER

midwayfair

... Peanuts to Space

This is a 1590A Reverb on perfboard with enclosed jacks and a side DC jack.

Since the board is face down, here's a peak at what it looks like under there:

The perfboard circuit is tiny, and it's sized and arranged so that when the brick is attached it will put the perfboard into the cavity in front of the low-profile jacks. I'm not sure it would have fit any better with open jacks; the problem turned out not to be the brick itself but the potentiometer butting up against the caps and especially the chip (which I had to put in a socket because I fry them every time I try to solder them since getting my soldering station :(). The other thing I did, which probably wasn't really necessary, was snip away part of the plastic on the brick so I could bend the pins flush and fit the board entirely under the brick. The output pulldown had to go on the switch because there just wasn't a good way to fit it. The input pulldown is unnecessary in the Rub-A-Dub given the input impedance. Here's my layout; it also has the values I prefer (which let the reverb get above unity and reduce the signal level going into the chip):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9878279/Jon%20Patton%27s%20layouts/Rub-A-Dub%201590A.pdf

I don't think this beats the Box of Hall in a 1590A with enclosed jacks that was posted on BYOC recently, and after doing this I can't for the life of me figure out how that one was done, but I've done it and I can stop thinking about it now.

Singularity (Zero Point Micro)

I actually soldered this up very soon after the project was originally released, and I've had the box drilled for a couple months, but I wasn't happy with a few things. I kept thinking I'd revisit this build, but that just kept not happening, so I boxed it up stock. Specifically, I don't like that the delay never gets above about 66% of the dry signal, and there's a bit more trash in the repeats that I would have expected from the filtering, but the modulation does sound good. I ended up wiring it as true bypass but I might go back in and do it as tails instead if I ever decide it needs to go on a board.
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

pakrat

I haven't posted here in a while so I guess I'll post my entry to the DIYSB Anniversary competition. It's a modded Small Clone finished in powder coat clear:

Hemmel

Well, my very first build was the Lovepedal Kalamazoo using the layout from Tagboard Effects. I had some trouble with it as seen in this thread. But now all is fixed.

I painted the enclosure white and printed on an adhesive label (made to stick to windows). The label doesn't stick very well, and the toner didn't stick well to the label, even under 3 coats of clear coat. There are also some air bubbles under the sticker but when I tried to slightly remove the sticker to remove those bubbles, the paint started chipping off..... The first O in Kalamazoo was partially scratched off when trying to pop one of the bubbles ...  :-[ You can also see the two bottom corners where the sticker sticks out a bit. And the whole left side keeps lifting up. I guess stickers aren't a good idea.

But it sounds awesome, and I love it. I gave it to my brother  :D  I'm going to work on one with a better paint job  ;)

Here's the gutshot, it's a bit messy, and I had no idea where to put the battery clip. Next build I'll put the footswitch higher so the battery will fit under it.

Bââââ.

Govmnt_Lacky

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

midwayfair

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky link=topic=36392.msg932938#msg932938 date=1378238quote

Accordion??  :icon_eek:

http://www.fender.com/series/pawn-shop-special/excelsior-120v/
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: midwayfair on September 03, 2013, 05:12:21 PM
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky link=topic=36392.msg932938#msg932938 date=1378238quote

Accordion??  :icon_eek:

http://www.fender.com/series/pawn-shop-special/excelsior-120v/

AWESOME!!!  :o
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

threepwood

The Mysterons, my take on Madbean's Doombutter. Great crazy sounding pedal.

garcho

I play in more than one band with an accordion. In fact I played in at least 5 bands with accordion.  :o      Balkan music, Middle eastern music, weirdo art music, a Tom Waits-y band and a crazy marching band in which i play electric mandolin out of a speaker bolted to a hockey helmet, so I guess it kinda makes sense. No zydeco or polka though! I do have a psychedelic narcocorrido dub project I just started though, that's almost polka. Almost.

I tried to find a readable schematic for the Excelsior but they're all fuzzy. Looks like the accordion couples through a cap instead of going through a resistor like the other inputs? Can't make out any values. Hilarious. Nice amp by the way! Great pedal, too!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Hemmel

Thanks Gary ! And nice catch, Jon  ;)
It's actually my brother's amp. I don't think he'll allow me to open it up to see how the "accordion" input is setup ... well, maybe if I ask nicely ;)
Bââââ.

midwayfair

Quote from: garcho on September 03, 2013, 05:51:52 PM
I play in more than one band with an accordion. In fact I played in at least 5 bands with accordion.  :o      Balkan music, Middle eastern music, weirdo art music, a Tom Waits-y band and a crazy marching band in which i play electric mandolin out of a speaker bolted to a hockey helmet, so I guess it kinda makes sense. No zydeco or polka though! I do have a psychedelic narcocorrido dub project I just started though, that's almost polka. Almost.

We seriously should hang out. I mean, if I wasn't a wuss about traveling distances over 5 miles. Maybe some sort of correspondence collab some time after I manage to get an input interface to record with.

bluebunny

Been away for almost two weeks, and lots of people seem to have been building pedals!   :D   Very nice builds!  @Jon: you must surely win the "most progress with Photoshop" award - that can't possibly be a 1590A!   :o
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...