...and then some  ;D

~arph

You use pour on epoxy right?  must try that once. Looks awesome

tony grazioso

Quote from: ~arph on September 04, 2013, 11:21:06 AM
You use pour on epoxy right?  must try that once. Looks awesome

why yes....i do.
Thank you very much for those kind words  ;D

this is the stuff i've been using as of lately, really great..self leveling too  ;D
http://www.uscomposites.com/epoxy.html

nomorebetts

@tony grazioso  I'm digging those wahs!

Here is a Vanilla OD from TubeTown.net using my own layout.  Available in this thread: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=101472.0

I haven't played with it too much yet but I'm really liking the way it sounds so far :)

I like Big Muffs! and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny...

Kipper4

Quote from: Hemmel on September 03, 2013, 02:08:39 PM
Well, my very first build was the Lovepedal Kalamazoo using the layout from Tagboard Effects. I had some trouble with it as seen in this thread. But now all is fixed.

I painted the enclosure white and printed on an adhesive label (made to stick to windows). The label doesn't stick very well, and the toner didn't stick well to the label, even under 3 coats of clear coat. There are also some air bubbles under the sticker but when I tried to slightly remove the sticker to remove those bubbles, the paint started chipping off..... The first O in Kalamazoo was partially scratched off when trying to pop one of the bubbles ...  :-[ You can also see the two bottom corners where the sticker sticks out a bit. And the whole left side keeps lifting up. I guess stickers aren't a good idea.

But it sounds awesome, and I love it. I gave it to my brother  :D  I'm going to work on one with a better paint job  ;)

Here's the gutshot, it's a bit messy, and I had no idea where to put the battery clip. Next build I'll put the footswitch higher so the battery will fit under it.

I do a similar thing with the stickers. Make sure you give it a coat of clear coat before sticker application, I use a rubber coated roller to get the air bubbles out. And plenty of clear coat after. I've only had 1 sticker corner lift since using this method
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

Hemmel

Quote from: Kipper4 on September 05, 2013, 09:45:31 AM
I do a similar thing with the stickers. Make sure you give it a coat of clear coat before sticker application, I use a rubber coated roller to get the air bubbles out. And plenty of clear coat after. I've only had 1 sticker corner lift since using this method

What about the sides ? I was thinking of trying stickers again (right now I'm trying to etch) but cutting them up so they fit just inside the borders. However, I'd also like to print "IN" and "OUT" and also the "9v" negative tip symbol on the sides.

On this pedal, it's all the same sticker and I simply folded the sides. I should've cut them to size first, but I was so anxious to finish it...

I'll try your advice of clear coat before the sticker. Thanks !
Bââââ.

jmwreck

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

duck_arse

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on September 03, 2013, 05:16:19 PM
Quote from: midwayfair on September 03, 2013, 05:12:21 PM
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky link=topic=36392.msg932938#msg932938 date=1378238quote

Accordion??  :icon_eek:

http://www.fender.com/series/pawn-shop-special/excelsior-120v/

AWESOME!!!  :o

"Distinctive features include "GTR," "microphone" and "accordion" inputs that each have individually optimized circuitry"

the unkind types among us might suggest that the circuit optimization for the accordion would be an open circuit input jack.
granny at the G next satdy.

musiclikscreams

john lyons, ur a freakin inspiration

Hemmel

Quote from: duck_arse on September 05, 2013, 10:23:32 AM
"Distinctive features include "GTR," "microphone" and "accordion" inputs that each have individually optimized circuitry"

the unkind types among us might suggest that the circuit optimization for the accordion would be an open circuit input jack.

I promise to try and get gut shots when my brother brings his amp next time. He's always a bit "iffy" when it comes to opening up his stuff ;)
Bââââ.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: John Lyons on September 05, 2013, 10:18:32 AM

@John

Any advice to get a good Hammertone effect? It seems like every time I try to use hammertone, I get spotty results. Ill get a good hammertone effect in some spots and then a flat paint look in others on the same project. I have tried light, medium, and heavy coats. Also, I have noticed that once I try for anything beyond the first coat, it just makes the hammertone effect disappear.

Advice??  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

~arph

Liquitone

Beautiful pedals as always John!
I like that Valve Overdrive nomorebetts.

Mich P

Superbe john !
As usual
Hammertone rules !!
Mich P.

John Lyons

Any advice to get a good Hammertone effect?

Thanks guys.
Yes, this is a powder coating finish. "Antique Silver Vein"
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

bluebunny

Yet more gorgeous pedals, John.

BTW...

Quote from: duck_arse on September 05, 2013, 10:23:32 AM

Q. What's the definition of "perfect pitch"?

A. When you throw an accordion into a skip (dumpster) and it lands on a banjo.   ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Kipper4

Quote from: Hemmel on September 05, 2013, 09:52:22 AM
Quote from: Kipper4 on September 05, 2013, 09:45:31 AM

What about the sides ? I was thinking of trying stickers again (right now I'm trying to etch) but cutting them up so they fit just inside the borders. However, I'd also like to print "IN" and "OUT" and also the "9v" negative tip symbol on the sides.

On this pedal, it's all the same sticker and I simply folded the sides. I should've cut them to size first, but I was so anxious to finish it...

I'll try your advice of clear coat before the sticker. Thanks !

I dont do wrap around stickers.
I cut mine to size with a gillotine for the top and put the In/Out arrow heads on the top as well as the 9vdc centre negative sign in the top design.
So no side stickers needed. Mind you I get my boxs powder coated by a local engineering company very cheaply as they put them in with their other stuff and i always have what coulour they give me. Friendly local tradesman never hurt.
I hope this helps
Rich
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

jimilee

Sonic Enhancer
Her is a madbean bloviator etched by Phreek. Fantastic etch really easy and quick build. Basically it is a Sonic Maximizer, not cloned but enhanced to sound even better. I really love they way you can hide the LEDs using enviro, so I did it again. I chose a red led as this pedal is an on all the time pedal and I didn't want to be blinded by an awesome blue led. I debated as to wheather or not to even have a stomp, but erred on the side of caution. Anyway, check it out.