News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

duck_arse

I just thort it meant sticking paper on things.
granny at the G next satdy.

liagasg

My new version of Soul Breaker distortion.
It's toggle switch (mode selector) has been replaced by a foot switch for "on the fly" switching.
Anodized aluminum plating engraved on a CNC machine. No more decals.Plus the light emitting borders.

This version is a signature model of Ben Higgins at www.guitarmasterclass.net & www.thereckoning.net

Warlord Custom

stallik

Really, really nice! Would be perfect without the white washers but that's just my personal taste. Are the guts as neat?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Galego

Delay with pick tempo.

bluebunny

Here's a Dr Quack I've built to order for my German tame guitarist, with his choice of graphics:

Sounds good.  Built using the board from Poodle in the UK.  May have to build another one and keep it...    ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

jmwreck

Quote from: storyboardist on September 20, 2013, 09:28:16 AM
Got my sister to modge podge clippings from a Spiderman comic on a 1590B. (Hoping it wasn't a valuable comic book she hacked up...) It's just a Bazz Fuss, but I thought it looked cool.

I saw a photo that looks like a painting after using modge podge, there's a lot of varieties of the brand, I never thought you could do it on the pedals. nice work.

trendyironicname

It's been awhile since I've posted but I've been super swamped with life.   Miss you guys.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

bluebunny

That's cool.  What's the enclosure?
  • SUPPORTER

trendyironicname

Steel pipe and aluminum disks.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

bluebunny

Looks very good, Robbie - well executed.
  • SUPPORTER

trendyironicname

thank you.  very much.

pickdropper

Yeah, that's a cool looking build.  Different and well executed.

garcho

Nicely done Robbie. What's the story behind the art and aluminum? Something printed on it? I like the (Kilo Int'l?) knobs and the LED bezel, too. Now you just have to think of some trendy ironic name for it...  ;)
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

trendyironicname

Quote from: garcho on September 23, 2013, 01:09:44 PM
Nicely done Robbie. What's the story behind the art and aluminum? Something printed on it? I like the (Kilo Int'l?) knobs and the LED bezel, too. Now you just have to think of some trendy ironic name for it...  ;)
I have my brother in law cut the aluminum at work, it has a routed edge so that some of it sits inside the collar, with the rest 'capping' it.  The art is from a piece by my favorite artist, Eric Abbott.  The original is huge.  He's one of my best friends.  I wanted something away from the girl face I do on the bigger ones and it's perfect.  The knobs are these, http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=547 from Smallbear.  I'm not sure on what manufacturer he gets them from. 

Pojo

First picture post.....ever!

Up for display is a RunOffGroove Tri-Vibe using the perf layout from the site. Sounds killer!

Also this is showing my first attempt really trying to utilize the vinyl graphics equipment at my work for stomp box use (other than making small label type decals)....some of the cuts didn't line up exactly right but it's a lot more difficult to make graphics after the build is complete rather than designing the drilling template and graphics together before drilling the first hole. Note for next time!

The box originally was supposed to be for a different project that never produced a circuit I was happy with and some of the holes were already drilled....that's why I used the washer for the 3mm led bezel and positioned the 1/4" and DC jacks the way they are. (previous project would have been 'landscape' layout) ::)

Jdansti

^Looks great!  BTW- the alignment issue will mostly go away if you omit the circles where your controls go. Small alignment issues with text aren't as noticeable as the circles.  Look forward to seeing more!
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Pojo

Thanks John for the compliments and the tips!  :)

Bret608

Hi all,

Thought it would be fun to share a few pics of a recent build or two here. I've mainly participated at the Madbean forum up to now, but now I see there are lots of familiar names over here, plus new folks who have been really cool so far.

Here's a recent one I was pretty proud of--I don't do graphics very often, and it took some major pointers from other forum folks to help me fully realize it. The circuit is irmcdermott's Fuzzball, which is his take on the Ke**ey Fuz**ead. Not sure if I needed to redact that, but just in case...! Anyway, it's a really cool germanium-fueled fuzz-drive. I ended up using a 2n1306 for Q1, and 1n270/1n914 for the diode combo.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I realize I should have forced my camera to use the flash on this gutshot...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hemmel

^ I love that alphabet.... is it Thai ?
Bââââ.