News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurtlives

My first 1590A build, a Klon.

Surprisingly the build together went very smoothly, limited curse words while building which I was not expecting. My Envirotex finishing is even getting better, so all around a enjoyable build.

My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

peterg

Thanks Dave. I used toner transfer and followed your method. I applied a coat of clear, did the transfer using GAC 200 and followed with more clear. Time will tell if it stays in place!

Pettol

Very nice and clean Peter!

thomasha

My fullmetalalchemist inspired phase 90

and a big muff pi

Thomas

poorboy

A Musikding TS808 with mods

Honey bee (yellow shark)

Benoit08

last project, a big muff "newspaper" !!   ;D

peterg

First of two fuzz faces I make to practice drilling baords. The board is recycled from a remote control.

electrosonic

I bought a bunch of unsorted Vactrols from Electronics Goldmine - they were something like $0.20 each but untested. I bought a hundred or so, and was figuring out how to sort them and came up with this.

I took the circuit idea from the rockface ( http://www.hollis.co.uk/john/rockface.jpg )  - it uses a negative feedback loop to put enough current through the ldr so the ldr's resistance matches the chosen resistor (1k, 10k 100k, 1M or 10M) and then I measure the voltage across the LEDs 1k limiting resistor to get the current at that setting.

The intensity LED is in series with the Vactrol's LED to give an indication of how much current is going through it, the balance LED lights up if the LDR's resistance equals the selected resistance. (It uses a window comparator I found in a Radio Shack Forrest Mim book)

The insides aren't too pretty - I would make a few changes if I made another. I used two on off on switches to select the resistance. The 10M resistor are shunted by smaller ones to get the appropriate resistance - a rotary switch would make more sense there.

Andrew.
  • SUPPORTER

ch1naski

Quote from: kurtlives on November 02, 2013, 02:38:20 PM

Surprisingly the build together went very smoothly, limited curse words while building which I was not expecting. My Envirotex finishing is even getting better, so all around a enjoyable build.

nice clean build. Is that an old Apis PCB?
Mockingbird wish me luck.

garcho

@ Andrew/electrosonic

beautiful! great idea
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

poppyman

oups , I wanted to post this in the etch section and the "delete post" button is gone. Sorry :/

jimilee

Bass Overdrive from BYOC

Because nothing says Rock and Roll like a big flaming skull! The blend knob is a nice touch I think. The LED is hidden and the knobs are really close together, so knob choice outside of the trash can knobs was / is limited. I think the clear blend knob is appropriate though. The decal is a little worn looking and believe it or not, I did it on purpose. Looks a lot better from 3 feet up than up close.

tubegeek

This is a Ruby Bassman I made on perf for my nephew. I had started it A FRICKIN' YEAR AGO!!!
I first built one, worked OK. Then I rebuilt it "nicer" to mount in this cute little mini cab I built from a drawer from an IKEA mini drawer set - basically a clean, simple plywood box that I didn't have to make from scratch. Finished with many coats of grey enamel, with a little TV speaker in it. That build oscillated like CRAZY and I was never able to fix it, so I re-rebuilt it onto new perf. That build also was a screamer! WTF!?

The fourth time was the charm - neatly built on perfboard, and working just fine, thank you.

The only thing I can figure - the two times it didn't work I used the recommended MPF102 JFET, the two times it worked OK, I used a J201 instead. Could that be it? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Anyway it's a cutie, isn't it? The perspective in the photos makes it look HUGE - it's 6"W, 7.25" H and 4.5D including the grille.
"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR

bluebunny

Looks great.  Where's the grill from?
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

arma61

Hi there

while I cannot compete with some of the marvelous pedals showing here, I'm pride of this one  8) just because yesterday night I was at the rehearsal of this friend's band where he was using this pedal for the first time in an almost live situation (read... not at home with ampli volume set to .001  ;) )... and I saw..... at the very first chords..... his smile....  from one ear to the other  :D  :D  :D , that was really a prize for me..... it may be not so perfect... not so nice... but it sound f$@#/ing good.......
it's a Guv'nor into a boost, the boost can work standalone... ehm and the guv'nor too :D
The boost is controlled by the small black knob on the front of the pedal. And I've found that if you cannot/want to glue something on aluminum, then you can glue something on a piece of plastic that you can then screw to aluminum, in this case the 2 switches hold the plastic sheet with the LEDs glued on and the small "construction" that keeps the little 9mm pot in place.
Also took the 2 LEDs off the PCB and brought them on the back of the cobra eyes...ok, sorry... stop I'm boring u

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

garcho

Quoteand I saw..... at the very first chords..... his smile

The best feeling, no?  :)    Bravo. And nice pedal, too.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

arma61

Quote from: garcho on November 07, 2013, 05:29:46 PM
Quoteand I saw..... at the very first chords..... his smile

The best feeling, no?  :)    Bravo. And nice pedal, too.

Indeed! thx Garcho!
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

tubegeek

Quote from: bluebunny on November 07, 2013, 04:03:25 AM
Looks great.  Where's the grill from?

Thanks!

The grill is from some sort of IKEA crap furniture I think - it was a larger piece I pulled from the trash, I cut it down & bent it. If you look on the inside, I just left a few "spikes" sticking out and poked them through holes and bent them over inside - very easy peasy. I'm pretty pleased with the grill myself, it worked out nicely.
"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR

kurtlives

Quote from: ch1naski on November 05, 2013, 09:38:00 PM
Quote from: kurtlives on November 02, 2013, 02:38:20 PM

nice clean build. Is that an old Apis PCB?
Sure is
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Jdansti

I like the amp-speaker combo, tubegeek. Your nephew won't have to worry about damaging the speaker with that industrial grill!  Nice job!  Coincidentally, I just slapped together a speaker box for my little Murder One Amp. I made it from scrap pieces of oak stair treads. I'll post some pics after the grill cloth arrives and I finish it.

Nice one, Arma61!
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...