News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Well. SO, I wanted a Meatball. But I got tired of waiting for Taylor's website to restock (I am sorry about that!) I took the opportunity to do up a board with the expression jack pads on it. (Decay and Intensity.)

Getting a board with six pots, four rotaries, and two LED's to fit is a bloody nuisance. Yes, this is a Meatball/sphere. When my Nana cooks rissoles, they're great big meaty things with onions, sauce, veges, all kinds of stuff, no pastry or any nonsense covering them.

Yes, with expression pedal jacks! And the usual FX loop :)

This Rissole is done cooking. Turn the oven off 180 degrees to cool down now. For me, at least :D Sounds pretty good, I found it easier to work with than the MB Nautilus, at least from the five minutes I spent before working on labels.

My excuse for the CD marker and not paint or India Ink is that I didn't relish the idea of doing writing that fine. Yeah. That's it!

Jdansti

^Awesome DIY board!
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

deadastronaut

@armando : looks great man..happy customer too :icon_twisted:

@alanp: very nice, worthy of an etch though. 8)

doesn't the stray light from each led affect the others ldr...even in a minimal way?.
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

alanp

Not really, they're at right angles and a ways from each other :) No etching 'cos I don't even etch PCB's :)

deadastronaut

don't be lazy... ;D

i would think that the light reflects off the inside of the box a bit ..if it were me i'd have to cover em, but i am a little OCD with led/ldrs, just saying.. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

alanp

Didn't even bother with my Doppelganger, and that has FOUR led/ldr pairs...

moosapotamus

They're not covered up in the original. And I think they are even right next to each other.

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

LaceSensor

Quote from: deadastronaut on November 08, 2013, 05:00:36 AM
don't be lazy... ;D

i would think that the light reflects off the inside of the box a bit ..if it were me i'd have to cover em, but i am a little OCD with led/ldrs, just saying.. ;)

Unrequired, no Lovetone ever did

jmwreck

here's my muff clone :D

kaycee

Liquitone's Univibe based, harmonic type, tremolo project from the anniversary contest.

Many thanks to Liquitone, who was a great help when my once a week, 'I'm stuck!' PM landed in his inbox :)

I had intended to build one in the same lovely point to point style as the originals. Started off nice in one corner, but soon got messy, it was even harder than I'd thought it would be. I did complete the board but it wasn't what I'd set out to do. So I got out my crayons and drew up a vero for it instead.

I'm using the charge pump from the Madbean Harbinger to give me 18v regulated down to 12v, I aslo use the harbinger method of running a rate LED, using a bi colour one as I couldn't get LT's method to work for me. I have 12v lamp in there from Banzai, and it currently has their Univibe spec LDR in there, although the one I got from Bitsbox worked pretty good too.

A few other tweeks, but basically the same thing. The box is finished with alcohol inks on sides and baseplate, the top is a stained veneer, glued and pressed, with stick on lettering.

Sounds just lovely, Telecaster, tremolo, reverb into Laney 10w. running through the four modes and a brief clip of speed before my recorder memory filled. Thanks once again LT, and all other who added to the body of info that made this possible 8)

https://soundcloud.com/retro-electro-effects/rather-trem

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Liquitone

Wow, I've missed some great builds posted here recently, jubal81's tweed multi effect looks awesome, as does Deeno's mutron III, danielzink's multiplex echo machine and many others.
That's I great bunch of pedals John, I fear I too have fallen in love with amber jewel-lights.

That's awesome Kaycee! I'm very pleased you had a go at this circuit and I think it sounds quite spot on.
All the modes sound great, especially mode 2 and 3. Your Mode 1 sounds choppier than mine.
I've added a switch to take out the resistor parallel to the LDR to have a more choppy mode, but doesn't even get as choppy as yours.
Thanks for building this one and helping me to spot the mistakes in my schematic and layout.

darron

Absolutely in awe John! ^^^^^^

Rat distortion pedal by with custom 1980's based circuit by Shaun Klinger (Klinger Custom Pedals). You may recognise the artwork as "The Crack Fox" from the Mighty Boosh.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Mich P

John you are certainely one of my
favorite builder here ! Superb,
Bravo !
Mich P.

kingswayguitar

kaycee

listened to your demo. very clean trem. love it. checked out some others on your channel too. love the si fuzz.
:icon_cool:

chi_boy

Never posted in the picture thread, least not that I remember, but this one turned out OK, so I thought I'd share.

This is a modified T_r_i_p_l_e W_r_e_c_k that has the option to run on 18 volts and also has a MOSFET type boost at the end of the effect to give a volume boost.  The original boost was kind of weird and most guys didn't like it.  This boost works much better.

"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

Jdansti

Nice!  Very professional looking!   :)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

nomorebetts

@chi_boy  - how did you do the white writing?  It looks awesome!
I like Big Muffs! and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny...

bluebunny

@John:  +1 - you're not wrong.  Very nice indeed.

Quote from: chi_boy on November 10, 2013, 04:50:46 PM
... this one turned out OK ...

"OK"??  Let's see some of the not-quite-so-OK ones too, please!   ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

kaycee

Quote from: kingswayguitar on November 10, 2013, 07:30:54 AM
kaycee

listened to your demo. very clean trem. love it. checked out some others on your channel too. love the si fuzz.
:icon_cool:

I'm really pleased with the Trem, every bit as good as I'd hoped it would be and well worth the many hours put in building it. I just wished he insides looked neater. For the demo I had the depth about halfway, it doesn't get a lot more choppy at full depth, doesn't do the helicopter chop of say the repeat percussion which is the other tremolo I use, but then that's not what I wanted it for, I wanted that soft, vibey shimmer and this is it for me. I can only put it down to the LDR, the one Banzai recommend for the Univibe in their catalogue, I have a 20k trim across it, but that's set about halfway, so other than variation in parts I can't explain it.

Thanks for the comments on the clips, the Smooth Si Fuzz is the Voodoo Soup one, that has an input pot, external bias and switchable Q2, silicon or Germanium. The 100k on the input really smooths the fuzz out, a nice mod.