News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G. Hoffman

Quote from: Mustachio on December 08, 2013, 05:17:52 AMHoffman thats awesome ! Love it ! I picked up a piece of bar stock at the hardware store and cut my own custom sized pinches for the diff size sides. Once you get 2 sides bent the pinch that comes with most hand brakes wont work cause it goes all the way across. So ya gotta make your own! Its lookn great! If you want I can share my templates I made and show ya how I made em its pretty handy.

I need to post a few pics here soon! Just been super busy .

Yeah, I did the front and back on this with a block of wood, and which really didn't work great.  I was hoping to find another pinch (or whatever it is called) and cut it into bits (Grizzly used to sell parts for these things), but apparently that isn't going to work, so I'll have to find another source. 

Gabriel

storyboardist

Finished this one up recently.

Had some scrap from a guitar body blank and figured it be cool. Colorsound One-Knob Fuzz clone. Used PN2369 transistors. I got lazy with the wires a bit so the guts are a bit messy...

Sounds good. Very usable fuzz and the low gain transistors make it not too over the top.

duck_arse

you call that messy? looks nice, you can't really go wrong with wood.

can you?
granny at the G next satdy eh.

storyboardist

Thanks man! My sister-in-law is in industrial design and told me I needed to make more pedals with wooden boxes. This one's basswood, so I'm not sure how well it'll stand up to abuse, but it's a nice change of pace from 1590s.

Jdansti

^ Nice one!  That would go well with my little wooden amp-speaker combo cab!  It gives me some ideas of what to do with the remainder of the left over wood from re-treading my staircase. ;)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

deadastronaut

@david:  nice to see a different enclosure too,  cool,   8)

@graham, great  design ... 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

jimilee

Awesome wood fuzz!!!!

tubegeek

Quote from: storyboardist on December 10, 2013, 10:49:18 AM
Thanks man! My sister-in-law is in industrial design and told me I needed to make more pedals with wooden boxes.

Sooo... you think it's a good idea to try giving your sister-in-law a woody?

Wouldn't fly in MY family, but hey, whatever works for you.
"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR

LaceSensor

smurfedelic smurfberry

Hahahha, funniest one in a while!
Hi! My name is Petter and I'm from Sweden. This is my blog: http://ptelectronics.tumblr.com

cloudscapes

Quote from: Marcvv on December 02, 2013, 06:36:36 AM
Such an amazing pedal. Love the 'updates' and I would be in for one, ones you release them!!
Marc

Early next year, hopefully! Guessing feb or march before they start trickling out. You on the announce list?

Quote from: rocinante on December 02, 2013, 07:17:39 PM
You mad genius! That is amazing. And is that an OP1?? They are awesome!!

Thanks! OP1 yeah, to be honest I don't think it's suited for me, so I may eventually sell it. Whenever I need/want to use a small synth, I generally go for the nord modular instead
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Hexjibber

storyboardist

Quote from: tubegeek on December 10, 2013, 05:45:44 PM
Quote from: storyboardist on December 10, 2013, 10:49:18 AM
Thanks man! My sister-in-law is in industrial design and told me I needed to make more pedals with wooden boxes.

Sooo... you think it's a good idea to try giving your sister-in-law a woody?

Wouldn't fly in MY family, but hey, whatever works for you.

Dang it, I knew somebody was gonna go there. lol

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

deadastronaut

^ very posh...looks great. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

gena_p1

darron

Quote from: gena_p1 on December 13, 2013, 03:18:01 AM

YES!!!!!

love to get some white board like that... then put heaps of colourful caps on it and make them look like jellybeans
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Insanekane

Hello, It's been almost 2 years since my last build, so I thought to build my buddy something he wanted.
I see smd's are here to stay. They look super clean builds.
Pot texts wandered little bit, guess I got some ring rust going on  :D

therealfindo

Quote from: gena_p1 on December 13, 2013, 03:18:01 AM

Wow.. that is laboratroy clean!! Laser or silk screen for the artwork?

diydave

A lm386 distortion box, with hot (= fet gain stage) / not (= fet buffer stage) switch.
Tone-circuit is the Stupidly Wonderfull Tone Controle (2.5k lin pot + 100n condensator) to form a variable low-pass filter.

Laserprinted on plain office-paper and glued on the black painted box.
Several layers of clearcoat to finish things off.