News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaycee

Quote from: storyboardist on January 03, 2014, 09:29:04 AM
Here's my latest project. Maestro FZ-1S Super Fuzz-Tone clone. Got the layout from GGG and etched the board myself. Sounds pretty good.

That's superb, excellent tribute. I really like old maestro units and always thought this one was really cool. I had a go at one a while back but didn't like the gated sustain so abandoned it.

mikeford

This is the Tremulous Bear circuit from Small Bear Electronics. It's great! I ordered the kit, sans case and knobs. The sound goes from a fender-esque trem. to a super chop ala Vox repeat percussion! The case was dug up outta an Aintiques shop. The knobs are some "UFO" guitar knobs

Coolcat007

Not really on the same level of graphics as some others here, but here are some pictures of boxes I built for someone.

The ones with nx-fx on them are mine. The pedalboard itself is also built by me, but those pictures probably need to go in a different thread.

wildebelor

Here is a small run of treble boosters I've just finished.

Derange Master!

This was the prototype which I had made with transistor sockets - the rest however don't have sockets!

Love these so much!  :icon_twisted:

I can't think of anything funny just yet.

John Lyons

^ Cool name. I also like "Strange Master".

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

LaceSensor

pickdropper

Quote from: John Lyons on January 05, 2014, 11:31:59 AM
^ Cool name. I also like "Strange Master".

That's really pretty, John.

wildebelor

@John Lyons

Yeah StrangeMaster is pretty cool too!

I really love what you do with your boards, it just makes it so much better!
Are you printing a circuit and then painting over the top or how does your process work?  :icon_question:
I also appreciate if you don't want to share such information! haha  :icon_lol:

mikeford

The Gristleizer. The kit was from Endangered Audio. I cobbled together a oak wood case with a carpenter buddy o mine. Any body want to guess the origin of the brass face plate?
(note the two brass thingys on either side o the stomp switch. Had ta plug up some extra holes. Possible future mods?!?)

John Lyons

Quote from: wildebelor on January 05, 2014, 03:55:33 PM
@John Lyons

Yeah StrangeMaster is pretty cool too!

I really love what you do with your boards, it just makes it so much better!
Are you printing a circuit and then painting over the top or how does your process work?  :icon_question:
I also appreciate if you don't want to share such information! haha  :icon_lol:

Thanks
I make my own boards and use spray paint to decorate them.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

pickdropper

garcho

^ looking good, as always
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

chi_boy

@Pickdropper - Love that look.
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." — Admiral Hyman G. Rickover - 1900-1986

The Leftover PCB Page

davent

Quite the page!

Looking great guys!
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

kingswayguitar

Quote from: wildebelor on January 04, 2014, 11:47:52 PM
Here is a small run of treble boosters I've just finished.

Derange Master!

This was the prototype which I had made with transistor sockets - the rest however don't have sockets!

Love these so much!  :icon_twisted:

u know "deranger" is the verb to annoy in french
could be a good little pun
nice looking pedal btw!

alanp

Quote from: pickdropper on January 05, 2014, 06:04:34 PM
Zen Drive Build

See, this is why I don't bother trying to make my builds look good. They're still going to be pants compared to Juansolo or PD's stuff :) (Plus I don't have the knowhow or know-wheretofind for laser etching, or the guts to put barely clad strippers on the front panel.)

wildebelor

Quote from: kingswayguitar on January 06, 2014, 03:20:08 AM
nice looking pedal btw!

haha thank you!
You know, whilst on the topic of language - When initially coming up with a font / typeface, I was actually typing in Russian and that didn't look "Russian" enough!  :icon_lol:
So I flipped some of the letters etc and made it my own.
But I really like that verb, thanks for the cool tip!

kingswayguitar

Quote from: wildebelor on January 06, 2014, 05:09:07 AM
Quote from: kingswayguitar on January 06, 2014, 03:20:08 AM
nice looking pedal btw!

haha thank you!
You know, whilst on the topic of language - When initially coming up with a font / typeface, I was actually typing in Russian and that didn't look "Russian" enough!  :icon_lol:
So I flipped some of the letters etc and made it my own.
But I really like that verb, thanks for the cool tip!

yeah you probably don't hear too much french in aussie - lol
font doesn't look russian but it does have a cool appearance
cheers

mikeford

Two re-housings. DOD Chorus with vibro mod. The flanger has its three trim pots replaced and remounted on outside for some whack sounds. both have the nice stomp switches. I will attempt to etch these, a first!(sure I will be pa-rousing the forum for tips.) They are tall, so the sides have a lot of empty real estate.
The cases are from pedal parts plus and were not a whole lot of cash to pony up.

duck_arse

Quote from: mikeford on January 05, 2014, 04:42:27 PM
The Gristleizer. The kit was from Endangered Audio. I cobbled together a oak wood case with a carpenter buddy o mine. Any body want to guess the origin of the brass face plate?
(note the two brass thingys on either side o the stomp switch. Had ta plug up some extra holes. Possible future mods?!?)

how the birds going to tell the time in yr backyard now, mike?
granny at the G next satdy eh.