News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeford

"how the birds going to tell the time in yr backyard now, mike?"-duckarse

LOL! it IS a bit sundial-esque, but I confess, it's a base for a rack of brass fire place tools. I have a similar one I used as  a face plate for a Ruby amp!

mikeford

This is the ping-pong delay from B.Y.O.C. It came with a nice aluminum case, bu oh no,I saw a pewter box in a thrift store nestled in the hills of North Alabama and said"Stomp-box case!"(I was working as a subcontractor for GE at the time.) There was a clear bottomed PEWTER TANKARD THAT CAME WITH IT! bonus,eh? I had to bolt it together.as the lid was free floating. Some brass caps for feet outta the nuts n bolts stash.

So, you will notice the jax and power plug in the bottom.ya know why they say,measure TWICE an drill ONCE! That LED indicator was gifted to me(With some other killer parts) from none other then Circuit Bending guru, Reed Ghazala, of Aiti-Theory fame!

Mustachio

Great Lookn stuff guys! Really like the different enclosures mike ! And that beautiful piece of stone!
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"

mikeford

QuoteMustachio-Great Lookn stuff guys! Really like the different enclosures mike ! And that beautiful piece of stone!
Thanks Mustachio! I got that from a neighbor who tossed it out. It's the part of the counter top he cut out for a new sink!
It now resides by my fire pit. I got tired of replacing rusting tables every other year!(which were tossed out on the side o the road!)

mikeford

Dean Hazelwanter "DH" pitchshifter PCB from JDsleeps general guitar gadgets.  Got the HT8950 from SmallBear electronics.I had a hankerin' to get me a trapezoid Hammond box.Was my first wall wart pedal. (Ain't much room for a 9v battery in there anyhow!)

mikeford

A TRUE Franken-pedal This case was a el cheapo puke green  Fender chorus that i got off of Ebay for like 10 bucks. I saw a killer vibrato mod and commenced to "Killing" the circuit. Modded it right outta existence. ( I can't help but think it is shaped kinda like the head of that doctor Who robot pooch, K-9!)
Into the junk stash it went!

Now, i read o'er at Beavis audio about a circuit using a 567 Modulator IC. I think it is used to generate touch tones on the push button phones.( Sorta like the infamous "BlueBox" the Woz made to hack the old phone systems to make "free" phone calls. as i recall.)
I contacted Alex Igziglian over at Getlofi and got him to make a few PCBS for me. Thay are TINY, like postal stamp size. He has some cool lowfi circuits over there and sent  one based on Beavisis schemo. I skipped the pitch knob and went for a opto-eye.

The LED indicator is actually from an old AT&T switchboard.( I got PILES of them!)
The stomp switch plate was an old neck plate off a kiddie electric guitar I got from the good will for 10 bucks.
The cool name plate was off of some OLD medical equipment.
Got a demo over at the Youtube channel.

The French connection

I love it! Something of steampunk. Great work! Where's the vids?

Quote from: mikeford on January 07, 2014, 09:08:04 PM

I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

darron

A few powder coating finishes with Shaun Klinger (Klinger Custom Pedals). The top one has a 3 tone effect. All artwork with the laser as always.

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

kingswayguitar

The LED indicator is actually from an old AT&T switchboard.( I got PILES of them!)
The stomp switch plate was an old neck plate off a kiddie electric guitar I got from the good will for 10 bucks.
The cool name plate was off of some OLD medical equipment.
Got a demo over at the Youtube channel.

you got a link mike or am i just missing it?
cheers

deadastronaut

@darron: no 10mm leds?...have you finally run out. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

darron

Quote from: deadastronaut on January 08, 2014, 05:50:11 AM
@darron: no 10mm leds?...have you finally run out. ;)

10mm are unnecessarily awesome :)

these were made by my friend. i just helped him out with the enclosure finishing. guts and design are all his
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Schizo910

nocentelli

Quote from: cathexis on January 02, 2014, 06:45:12 AMDue to various life circumstances I've been away from this forum and pedal building for a few years. I'm back at it now, and thought I'd share some of my recent builds.

Great to see you back in the game: I fondly remember gawping in awe at your ridiculously massive vero layouts when i first started trying to build pedals quite a few years ago.

Quote from: LaceSensor on January 05, 2014, 12:22:14 PM

I love the trimmed-down look for this Lovetone monster.
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

mikeford

[/quote]
Quote from: The French connection on January 07, 2014, 09:18:56 PM
I love it! Something of steampunk. Great work! Where's the vids?

I tried to post a youtube link, but got "a bad link" message. Is there a way to post it that I am not getting? Also, how do i put an avatar on my profile/
Thanks

duck_arse

mike, go on "profile" near the top of each page. there you can tell an image location for avatar.

utube? wassat?
granny at the G next satdy eh.

mikeford

Quote from: duck_arse on January 08, 2014, 09:14:57 AM
mike, go on "profile" near the top of each page. there you can tell an image location for avatar.

utube? wassat?
Oh, If you go to my profile, there is a Youtube page of mine, with a few demos and all the other stuff i build. Still tryin' to get my imageshack icon up. Dang, I ain't dumder n' a bag o' hammers!

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: mikeford on January 07, 2014, 08:40:03 PM
Dean Hazelwanter "DH" pitchshifter PCB from JDsleeps general guitar gadgets.  Got the HT8950 from SmallBear electronics.I had a hankerin' to get me a trapezoid Hammond box.Was my first wall wart pedal. (Ain't much room for a 9v battery in there anyhow!)

Mike,

What do you think of this circuit? When I built it, I could never get it to work right. Looked at a lot of different resources and found that the Vb set for the op amp was garbage. Were you able to find a solution?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

davent

Quote from: mikeford on January 08, 2014, 10:08:48 AM
Quote from: duck_arse on January 08, 2014, 09:14:57 AM

utube? wassat?
Oh, If you go to my profile, there is a Youtube page of mine, with a few demos and all the other stuff i build. Still tryin' to get my imageshack icon up. Dang, I ain't dumder n' a bag o' hammers!

For the avatar you need it to be really really small for the forum here. I ended up using a piece of software designed for the 'shrunken avatar' task.

For the invalid youtube link check to see that it's not https// in the youtube address, if so, delete the 's' and see if that doesn't fix the problem.

And nice builds!

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Hexjibber

LaceSensor

Quote from: nocentelli on January 08, 2014, 07:51:40 AM
I love the trimmed-down look for this Lovetone monster.

Thanks man