News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathexis

Here's an MXR 117 flanger, board from Madbean.

lespos

Another one build. I suppose everyone know what clone (ok, a bit modified) it is!  :icon_mrgreen:

dough1203

@lespos: Hey! Nice work. I noticed that you don't have an LED holder. Do you use hot glue to hold your LED to the enclosure?

smurfedelic smurfberry

cathexis, how did you make that enclousure graphics?
Hi! My name is Petter and I'm from Sweden. This is my blog: http://ptelectronics.tumblr.com

lespos

Quote from: dough1203 on January 30, 2014, 08:58:22 AM
@lespos: Hey! Nice work. I noticed that you don't have an LED holder. Do you use hot glue to hold your LED to the enclosure?

Thanks! Yes, sometimes i using hot glue, but not this time. Usually i drill 4.9 mm hole for 5mm diodes, and then with small file gently enlarge till LED fit in by little pressing.

dough1203

cathexis

Quote from: smurfedelic smurfberry on January 30, 2014, 09:48:01 AMcathexis, how did you make that enclousure graphics?

I drew it during meetings at work, scanned and vectorized it, printed it on water slide paper, one shot of clear - done! (jag jobbar i psykiatrin :D)

Hemmel

Quote from: cathexis on January 30, 2014, 12:59:44 PM
(jag jobbar i psykiatrin :D)

Or, in English :
(I work in psychiatry :D)

Thank you Google Translate
Bââââ.

smurfedelic smurfberry

Quote from: cathexis on January 30, 2014, 12:59:44 PM
Quote from: smurfedelic smurfberry on January 30, 2014, 09:48:01 AM
cathexis, how did you make that enclousure graphics?

I drew it during meetings at work, scanned and vectorized it, printed it on water slide paper, one shot of clear - done! (jag jobbar i psykiatrin :D)

Ah, it sort of looked too big to be waterslide and yet look so good, but I've thought of doing full sized waterslides and not just the name of the pedal or such.
(Jag är arbetslös ;)
Hi! My name is Petter and I'm from Sweden. This is my blog: http://ptelectronics.tumblr.com

cathexis

It's one piece of water slide that goes all the way down the front edge of the box as well - trust me, large pieces are way easier to place, and none of those unsightly edges either...

thelonious

I made this one at the request of a friend. There's an 820 with clipping options on one side and a germanium transistor boosting into soft clipping stages on the other. It was my first time doing layouts in Eagle. One board came from OSH Park and the other I etched from an Eagle export. Side note for anyone thinking about etching from an Eagle image: it already mirrors the image for you because the bottom layer is seen through the other layers. So don't be a doofus like me, mirror it again, and then have to install your op amp upside down in a socket underneath the board. :D

storyboardist

That. ^ That looks awesome. Love the color, and great job on the etch.

jmwreck

Jdansti

^ Very "nutty"!  ;)

Cool stuff!  :)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Pettol

kingswayguitar

Pettol

fuzz'in awesome!

duck_arse

@jmwreck - I coulda used some of those washers.

@thelonius - so, you're "one of the first" (ahem, we've never done it) to try the invert JRC4558 mod. how's the sound, any more or better of anything? if someone could do a daughter board, we could all sling IC's upside down in tubescreamers etc.

probably I better get my coat.

[edit:] oh, and nice looking finish, pearly green.
granny at the G next satdy eh.

diydave

Hydrid Fuzz (Q1 = oc75, Q2 = 2n9704)
100k lin pot in front off the inputcap instead off the drivepot. Gives smoothness to the fuzz sound.
Enclosure is an old footswitch from a valvestate. I used it before, but trashed it by poor drilling.
Covered the drillholes with an aluminum plate. Vintage (old and worn) radioknobs.

Maybe not so fancy like other builds here, but hey  ;D

alanp

I has a Lovetone Wobulator clone.

(Mostly) Complete!

Just need to add the transformers (they ship on 10/2/14) and replace the LDR's -- the depth isn't getting enough sweep. But you get some, and the rest is what the stomp is for ;)

Oh, and...

CLONE ALL THE LOVETONES!

thelonious

@storyboardist - Thanks man!

@duck_arse - It sounds extra creamy because with the op amp upside down all the sound falls to the bottom and makes the odd order harmonics cancel out. Everyone should try it!

@diydave - I think that looks great. Love the reuse of stuff, especially those knobs.