News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

davent

^Weird Sound Generator
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

HOTTUBES

bluebunny

Quote from: John Lyons on February 03, 2014, 02:06:35 PM

Another great-looking build, John.  Did you drive to Vegas especially to take those pictures?   :D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

haveyouseenhim

Clearly he has the child laborers from his pedal making sweatshop holding sparklers in the background  :icon_mrgreen: 

My mind goes to weird places sometimes
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

TG Flatline

add4

Quote from: ppcnostalgic on September 08, 2013, 07:58:47 AM

Hey guys,

Where do you get these metal plates that you put on top of the pedals?
Are they etched?
are they screwed?glued? something else?

I like that finish and would like to use that on some pedals that are painted too dark for dark ink, since it seems impossible to print in whitish color.

Thanks for the informations :)
Arnaud

duck_arse

Quote from: glops on February 03, 2014, 04:08:58 PM
I haven't been round here much lately. So many insane builds lately here.

Here's an Earth Sound Research Graphic Fuzz

@glops - can I be seeing some more pics of this case? the design intrigues me. oh, and the pedal, of course.
granny at the G next satdy eh.

GGBB

Quote from: HOTTUBES on February 04, 2014, 01:38:27 AM
Klon Clone ...

Very lovely!  What paint is that (if it is paint)?
  • SUPPORTER

glops

Quote from: duck_arse on February 04, 2014, 09:02:26 AM
Quote from: glops on February 03, 2014, 04:08:58 PM
I haven't been round here much lately. So many insane builds lately here.

Here's an Earth Sound Research Graphic Fuzz

@glops - can I be seeing some more pics of this case? the design intrigues me. oh, and the pedal, of course.

Pm me your email and I'll send you pics of it taken apart. It's superfuzz style that can be got from eBay.

mth5044

Quote from: add4 on February 04, 2014, 04:18:28 AM

Where do you get these metal plates that you put on top of the pedals?
Are they etched?
are they screwed?glued? something else?

I like that finish and would like to use that on some pedals that are painted too dark for dark ink, since it seems impossible to print in whitish color.

Thanks for the informations :)
Arnaud

I would imagine the plates are held on by all the pots and switches.

glops

Pettol

Tube screamer:

And the usual mess:

rousejeremy

I've pretty much given up on painting pedals. I don't enjoy the process, too time consuming, so only a gutshot here. I do like offboard wiring. Trying to keep everything neat and tidy is like a game.
Random Number Generator.

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

peterg

Jeremy - Nicely done! I'm with you on the painting issue. Why the switched jacks?

rousejeremy

Quote from: peterg on February 06, 2014, 10:05:17 AM
Jeremy - Nicely done! I'm with you on the painting issue. Why the switched jacks?

Thanks. They were all I had laying around. I really need to source a large amount of GOOD jacks.

Tony Forestiere

Quote from: rousejeremy on February 06, 2014, 07:01:14 PM

Thanks. They were all I had laying around. I really need to source a large amount of GOOD jacks.
Jeremy,
Use what you got is good.  :) At least you know how to wire them properly. I think I have seen some recent threads asking for help with malfunctioning circuits. It seems the user is assuming that, because the jack they are using for the input has three terminals, it is a TRS for battery switching.
BTW: Your wiring looks very clean...NOW!  ;D
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Carl Zwanzig
"Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the future." Euripides
"Friends don't let friends use Windows." Me

rousejeremy

Quote from: Tony Forestiere on February 06, 2014, 07:16:10 PM
Quote from: rousejeremy on February 06, 2014, 07:01:14 PM

BTW: Your wiring looks very clean...NOW!  ;D

Thanks Tony, I'm getting better. I find I'm more concerned with what's on the inside these days. Why beat myself up over something that has nothing to do with the sound? Well, almost nothing, blue pedals sound faster because of the doppler effect.

rousejeremy

I'll look into those, thanks. I was thinking of using Switchcraft exclusively.
L+M orders from Electrosonic and CE Dist. quite often and I get a good deal on that stuff, so I may have to save up. I used to just buy things as I needed them, now I'd just rather have 100 sitting around.