News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smurfedelic smurfberry

I found a thread on here where someone tried to make Harmonic Jerkulator work better with bass. Basically larger caps, resistors and germanium transistors instead of silicon. It works okay with bass, but sounds GREAT with guitar IMHO.

Built it on request from a friend, it's him on the enclosure (he doesn't know yet, haha!).
Used AC176 and AC128.  I have breadboarded one with AC187K and AC128 that I'm going to have to build for myself, because I liked the guitar sound so much.

Click to enlarge  ;)
Hi! My name is Petter and I'm from Sweden. This is my blog: http://ptelectronics.tumblr.com

duck_arse

@ smurf - if the ac187k taps on the inside of the box, do you get any tikk noise in the output? and what's he going to do to the goat?
"Bring on the nonsense".

Liquitone

Those lovepedal builds look great lacky!

italianguy63

My latest:

Props to David (DavidGiandiletti) for his nice work on his stainless Muff enclosures

and to Mike (Pojo) for his help with the graphics work

Also, thanks for helping me find the period correct size/shape knobbies....

Big Muff Pi Version 4 (OpAmp)

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Liquitone

Hey, I had one of those in for repairs not too long ago. Its was a great sounding unit. It looks quite similar, sans the rust off course...
Don't get me wrong, because I think it looks quite good and think you did a great job, but in my opinion it would be a better choice not to use the original brand names unless it has a recognizable twist. Your work is good enough to wear your own brand-name with pride :)

italianguy63

It's for my own use, and not resale...  I am building a Ram's head right now too.

There is a subtle change at the bottom-- The V4 -1978 is not on the original.  MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Magnus

Hello,

Quotewould be a better choice not to use the original brand names unless it has a recognizable twist.

Hellectro Narcotics Mig Buff   :icon_twisted:

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

smurfedelic smurfberry

Quote from: duck_arse on July 03, 2014, 10:11:27 AM
@ smurf - if the ac187k taps on the inside of the box, do you get any tikk noise in the output? and what's he going to do to the goat?

I haven't heard anything, but thanks for pointing it out. I was never feeling entirely comfortable with that, so I went ahead and changed it just to be safe.
The PCB wasn't drawn with germaniums in mind, going to fix that for my own build.

Oh, and it's a AC128. My uncle who's been a tv repairman for 30+ years sent me a lot of germanium transistors they were throwing out!  (a lot of them are low-gain and/or has high leak, so no tonebenders out of those, but still cool).  Didn't there were AC128's with cooling before.

Since the goat was at a zoo, he was not allowed to pursue romantic relationships with it.   ;D
Hi! My name is Petter and I'm from Sweden. This is my blog: http://ptelectronics.tumblr.com

smurfedelic smurfberry

@karbomusic

Nice sounding tonebender mkII!

I've been struggling with my own build, i suspect mostly because of crappy trannies despite the gains being decent (75,80,90).

Will try those mods if the matched value transistors i ordered won't solve my woes.

duck_arse

you'd probably be better to screw all that "K" mass down, even if it doesn't tikk. the joints will crack-up with the strains of vibration.

[edit: ] I moved some mass
"Bring on the nonsense".

jimilee

Madbean greenbean tube screamer with switchable clipping

jimilee

Nother MoWah pedal from gpcb, all dark sounding. Extremely vocal.

LaceSensor

Quote from: Liquitone on July 03, 2014, 11:11:39 AM

loveTONE

:icon_evil:

BLACK AUDIO

Sovtek BMP clone with switchable clipping + fet blender + hog's foot = ultimate bass weapon  :icon_mrgreen:

Govmnt_Lacky

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

italianguy63

I built out another Buffered Klon.  I finally figured out EXACTLY where to drill the holes to make everything fit right.  This one came out way nice. 

I have another just like it that I still have not fixed.  Having trouble figuring it out.  It was easier just to build another.   :-[

(no pink LED this time)   :D

It has been nice having some time off from work.  I got a lot of things built out this weekend.

MC

jubal81

WOW! @ ItalianGuy.

That is an incredibly sharp etch and some great sanding work.

italianguy63

Thank you!   ;D

I'm getting the hang of it finally.

Liquitone

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on July 05, 2014, 02:06:22 PM
Quote from: LaceSensor on July 05, 2014, 12:58:11 PM
Quote from: Liquitone on July 03, 2014, 11:11:39 AM

loveTONE

:icon_evil:

::)

Yep... Its LoveTONE!!

Oops! my bad! That's a difference of about 10 knobs per pedal...

Great looking Klon Marc.

Mustachio

Those are some really nice looking builds Greg! The face plates turned out great, and the innards are nice and tidy like always.

That Big Muff looks factory Mark. You could sell that from the inside of  your coat!

The Klon's etch turned out great man ! Have you ever tried sanding any grits in the 1000-2000 range ?
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"