News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

italianguy63

Quote from: Mustachio on July 06, 2014, 02:59:33 AM
You could sell that from the inside of  your coat!

Man, if I had an Uncle, he would look just like that!

Quote from: Mustachio on July 06, 2014, 02:59:33 AM
Have you ever tried sanding any grits in the 1000-2000 range ?

Jimbo, are you some kind of machochist or somethin'?  This is TOO much work as it is.

You COULD do that if you were looking for the "chrome" look I guess.  Honestly, I see enough imperfections in the metal itself that makes it counter-productive.  The trick is to get everything block sanded down flat without leaving deep scratches.  I get the final finish with steel wool-- thanks to the Dead Astro for that tip!

(edit:  And ALWAYS sand in one direction)

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

roseblood11

D*A*M Grease Box GB-83 (silicon version) - great sounding Tone Bender variation:

peterg

Roseblood11 - stunning looking pedal!

glops

Madbean's 424 project, the Demo Tape Fuzz

davent

^Terrific... like always! Glops have you a huge stash of NOS knobs or a handy surplus store with the motherlode of unloved rejects, look great, unique and perfect for the job. Great project!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

glops

Quote from: davent on July 07, 2014, 06:51:37 PM
^Terrific... like always! Glops have you a huge stash of NOS knobs or a handy surplus store with the motherlode of unloved rejects, look great, unique and perfect for the job. Great project!
dave

Thanks, Dave!  I got a bunch of these knobs (ten or fifteen) from a local place called All electronics. I've actually tried to use them many times before but they never worked. I think because my normal standard size box is a 1790NS and they just look better on these smaller ones! Cool old knobs for a buck a pop.

glops

Foxx Tone Machine!!!

Focalized

Wow what is that thing? Looks like it was built in a droid factory in the Star Wars universe.

wildebelor

It's a foxx tone machine!
I can't think of anything funny just yet.

wildebelor

Some more Sonic Violence, one is etched and one is a transfer!

I can't think of anything funny just yet.

SviS

Special design for distortion SviSound MetalZoid mz06:

www.svisound.com - handmade guitar pedals

vigilante397

Quote from: SviS on July 10, 2014, 01:11:05 AM

That is severely badass. I hope you realize this.

EDIT: I also just spent the last several minutes drooling over your website. I thought I was pretty cool when I moved into color laser waterslides, but you make me look like the kid in the corner eating paste :icon_redface:
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

WhiskeyMadeMeDoIt

It needs a fog machine built into it.  ;) put it over the top. I bet some of those coils from the ecigs would do the trick and be small enough to fit an effect pedal they are basically mini fog machines and even use the same base of PG.

smurfedelic smurfberry

i wish there was a like button or something similar in the forum so i could show appreciation without having to post about it

here's my latest:

Hi! My name is Petter and I'm from Sweden. This is my blog: http://ptelectronics.tumblr.com

jmwreck

Rat

Britannia

Mutron

SviS

Quote from: vigilante397 on July 10, 2014, 01:23:30 AM
Quote from: SviS on July 10, 2014, 01:11:05 AM

That is severely badass. I hope you realize this.

EDIT: I also just spent the last several minutes drooling over your website. I thought I was pretty cool when I moved into color laser waterslides, but you make me look like the kid in the corner eating paste :icon_redface:

Thank you! May I add your reply to my site please? :)

SviS

Quote from: WhiskeyMadeMeDoIt on July 10, 2014, 03:16:25 AM
It needs a fog machine built into it.  ;) put it over the top. I bet some of those coils from the ecigs would do the trick and be small enough to fit an effect pedal they are basically mini fog machines and even use the same base of PG.

Thank you! Good idea for next pedal! ;)

vigilante397

Quote from: SviS on July 10, 2014, 08:57:57 PM
Thank you! May I add your reply to my site please? :)

Hopefully you'd leave out the bit about paste-eating, but absolutely :) I'm more than happy to share my thoughts on the work of others. And now that I've had the chance to listen to EVERY SINGLE DEMO ON YOUR SITE I can add a bit more to my comment. Your pedals have a very one-of-a-kind look. Frankly I've never even seen anything that comes close. The attention to detail, especially on the "goth" and "steampunk" themes is amazing. And while I haven't tried any of them in person, based on the videos on the site they clearly aren't "pretty paperweights." Amazing sound to go with the amazing looks.

Sorry I'm kind of gushing, but this sort of thing gets me rather excited. That's kind of why I started building in the first place :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

deadastronaut

@jmwreck:  nice, is that an actual material/fabric label on the brit?...looks sweet. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

noobamp

@jmwreck: i second that question....it looks like actual cloth on that Brit.   I'm still wondering what the ASS knob does though... :D...great pedals!!!
nothing like the smell of hot Bovie in the morning....