News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdansti

It does look like cloth, but the lettering on it is too perfect. I'm going with a color photocopy of cloth. :)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

deadastronaut

or lazered after?..hmmmm..
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

duck_arse

I say some sort of magik cloth, with embossed letters.
"Bring on the nonsense".

Eddododo

Copper plating experiment on aluminum enclosure.
I was looking for a beat-up antique look. I kind of like the silver knob juxtaposition, but im exploring my options...

hylandren

Quote from: Eddododo on July 12, 2014, 03:32:49 PM
...I kind of like the silver knob juxtaposition, but im exploring my options...

Something I have pondered doing for knobs on a distressed finish pedal is taking aluminum knobs (like the ones you have on yours) and putting them in a rock polisher filled with rocks, or something like that.  When the knobs come out, they'll be a bit grungy, dinged, and beat up instead of looking all brand new and may go with the finish of the enclosure more.

jimilee

Long brick Tenebrion reverb from Grindcustoms

Kwai wah from grind customs,nothing special looking.

Madbean greenbean. Ts808 switchable to ts 9 with a fate switch and a bright switch

italianguy63

Trying out a new camera..

Finished my Big Muff Pi (Ram's Head) yesterday, on left.  OpAmp version on right.

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Galego

Quote from: italianguy63 on July 13, 2014, 05:16:18 AM
Trying out a new camera..

Finished my Big Muff Pi (Ram's Head) yesterday, on left.  OpAmp version on right.

MC

That's a bit creepy. They look so much like the real deal.

Kyurie

Hi there!
Some new Mouse Amps :)
Bought new hardware - jacks with the steel collars and stylish red toggle switches

jmwreck

@deadastronaut @noobamp, it's a camera trick I guess. :)  I use a sketchpad, high quality printing and stick it to the enclosure then finished it with clearcoat.

seedlings

You all have such artistic prowess and ingenuity!  In other news, this pedal represents a big first for me, and that is the pcb-mounted 9mm pots.  (This is maybe my 4th etched board.)  The standoff height of the pots makes electros need to lay over.  Upon trying to install the board in the printed, drilled enclosure, I realized that the extra metal in the corners was not taken into account, but nothing a dremel can't manage - wasting all that extra room.  The print is inkjet print image transfer, and even with lots of prep on the metal, some parts came off whilst scrubbing.  
Representing us regular guys:  ;)

CHAD

GammaFlex

Quote from: hylandren on July 12, 2014, 06:04:35 PM
...I kind of like the silver knob juxtaposition, but im exploring my options...

Something I have pondered doing for knobs on a distressed finish pedal is taking aluminum knobs (like the ones you have on yours) and putting them in a rock polisher filled with rocks, or something like that.  When the knobs come out, they'll be a bit grungy, dinged, and beat up instead of looking all brand new and may go with the finish of the enclosure more.
[/quote]

Or another option is to use knobs that have brass inserts, use the insert as a knob and then drip some vinegar on them or put them in a flat container with just enough to either cover them completely or partially, shouldn't take too long and you'll get a really cool "machinist" look to it with some cool patina options, brass is fun to tarnish and mess with

pickdropper

italianguy63

That's yet another impressive product from the PD!  Now, with invisible wires!  Always with new innovations!   :icon_mrgreen:

Awesome work as aways!
MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

vigilante397

Quote from: italianguy63 on July 14, 2014, 08:35:19 AM
Now, with invisible wires!  Always with new innovations!   :icon_mrgreen:

At first look I thought it just wasn't finished yet and this was the "in progress" shot, but then I looked closer and saw that the wires were just hiding :icon_eek: All the elegance I have come to expect from Sir Pickdropper. Beautiful build, as always.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

storyboardist

Put together this simple tremolo last week for my brother-in-law for his b-day. Sounds pretty decent, but I think the speed pot could stand to be reverse log. He likes it though, and that's all that matters.

Here's the board

pickdropper

Quote from: vigilante397 on July 14, 2014, 02:05:51 PM
Quote from: italianguy63 on July 14, 2014, 08:35:19 AM
Now, with invisible wires!  Always with new innovations!   :icon_mrgreen:

At first look I thought it just wasn't finished yet and this was the "in progress" shot, but then I looked closer and saw that the wires were just hiding :icon_eek: All the elegance I have come to expect from Sir Pickdropper. Beautiful build, as always.

Thanks guys!

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: storyboardist on July 15, 2014, 09:25:07 AM

I LOVE THIS! Simple, elegant, not over the top at all. And it looks CLEAN! This is the way I like my pedals to look too.

FANTASTIC!!  ;)

EDIT: Errrr..... Need to get rid of the white washer though  :-\
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

vigilante397

Clear acrylic washers are pretty cool, but I only put them on super special builds :icon_mrgreen:
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com