Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giglawyer

Check out my builds - http://www.giglawyer.com

allesz

I have a pedalboard now!  ;D

It's not too beautifull I know, it's just cardboard with the pedals screwed on, but I only wanted to show my last experiments with hammond 1590LB boxes. It's hard work, but you can squeeze simple circuits like one or two transistors fuzzes or overdrives. Here I have a mpsa13 overdrive (I posted a bad schematic a week ago) that sounds like a low gain sd1, and a octave up and down fuzz (fuzzrite derivative).

vigilante397

There's a separate thread for 1590A builds, if there was one for 1590LB's I would totally hang out there 8) good looking builds.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

allesz

Thank you.
At the moment a LB tread would be quite small: I have seen just a couple of builds likemine, and mostly are just tap tempo pedals.
The graphics are etched with a very simple electrolitic method posted last month by codemonk. Thank you codemonk.

davent

Quote from: banzai-che on July 24, 2014, 10:34:04 AM
Thank you all!

peterg, well this is not exactly the first building, but before that I was building amplifiers only.

duck_arse, oh... difficult to resist Russian theme, when you living in Russia  ;D
Yellow LED will be tomorrow.

Nice build banzai-che, super clean in and out! Was wondering how you've wired the metal power jack as we usually see those isolated from the enclosure on account of our (traditionally) backwards wired effects.

Also there's a few guys over at Wattkins who have been messing with various Russian tubes for guitar amps adapting them to traditional and not so traditional circuits, i'm sure they'd appreciate your input/expertize on the matter of building with the Russian products. You have to register to get past the gatekeeper and even peek, but there is life on the other side of the gate.

http://www.wattkins.com/forum

Take care!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Galego

A customer asked me if I could build a smaller wah. He said he tried the AMT wah, but didn't like the sound.

This is what I came up with. His is the black one, and mine is the white one (since it's something special I decided to build one for myself in case I had to build more I could use it as reference).
They're still missing the rubber tread, I'll have to wait while it's on backorder.
The black one is a Jerry Cantrell clone and the white one is a regular GCB-95. The whole circuit is there, but most of the resistors are SMD.

Luke51411

Wow I like the mini wah! How is the rocker mounted to the box?

Galego

Quote from: Luke51411 on July 26, 2014, 01:50:23 PM
Wow I like the mini wah! How is the rocker mounted to the box?

Thanks! The rocker is a bit of metal I cut from a thick screw. Then I flattened the bottom, drilled and tapped two wholes. Then there are two screws that screw into it from inside the enclosure.
You can see the screws in this photo:

vigilante397

I know this isn't the "For Sale" thread, but how much do you charge for those wahs? I've always been a fan of the 100% DIY wahs, especially since empty expression pedal enclosures are so expensive. Really killer builds 8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Luke51411

Excellent, that is a great design!!!

Govmnt_Lacky

The Wobulator.

Self etched PCB and Faceplate. Sounds AWESOME! Best Trem I have ever heard!!!
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Fender3D

Greg

nice build,
where did you find those poult head knobs?
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Fender3D on July 26, 2014, 07:28:20 PM
where did you find those poult head knobs?

Smallbear. Mini-chicken head knobs  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

banzai-che

allesz, it's just amazing! Will be inside photos?

davent, thanks! Connection of powerjack and box is no good, but audiojacks isolated, all grounds collected on pot near with powerjack... i think it's not a problem.
Thanks for link!

Galego, wow!

Govmnt_Lacky, looks like very complex device, cool!

Jdansti

Nice one, Greg!  :)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

deadastronaut

yeah pukka greg..

@galego:  :icon_eek: pukka too.. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Galego

Quote from: vigilante397 on July 26, 2014, 02:07:52 PM
I know this isn't the "For Sale" thread, but how much do you charge for those wahs? I've always been a fan of the 100% DIY wahs, especially since empty expression pedal enclosures are so expensive. Really killer builds 8)

I've only sold one, for 250€. The parts are not that expensive, but it's a massive amount of work to build all the stuff I can't get off the shelf.

jubal81

My first - and I guarantee last - experiment with copper electroplating. Ruined a couple enclosures, my favorite pants and spent 8-10 hours swirling it in the copper bath and polishing it back.
It's a 4-in-1 with my favorite dirts. I did it on two stacked PCBs to make it fit in a 125B.

JFET boost
JFET mu-amp OD
CD4049UBE distortion
Muff variant

They all feed into a James stack to get it down to just 4 knobs and a switch.
http://cl.ly/image/2q2c310Y3Q3Q/Copper%20bath.jpg

wildebelor

One side is a drive, the other side a fuzz!
Alcohol ink enclosure was a lot of fun.

Heavy Stone enclosure - haven't had a chance to finish it off.  Very happy with how it's coming along though.
I can't think of anything funny just yet.

Govmnt_Lacky