need help with an old proco rat pedal

Started by mfc_pj, August 23, 2005, 08:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfc_pj

I have bought an old proco rat pedal without an led which uses a dpdt switch but for live situations I really need an led. I thought about installing a 3pdt switch but I have no clue which cable to put where on the new switch. I have already checked out the articles in the faq for the switches but hav still no clue how to do it. Maybe someone can explain that to me? I'm really no technician, the only things I've done yet where changing pickups or rewire guitars.

I hope someone can help me...

mfc_pj

Pedal love

I've done this to older proco rats. I have real problems with the sound after led modding. I hear things in them that doesn't seem to matter to others? My hearing might be different than most, but I hear a definite difference. But for the most part it shouldn't be a prob.pl

pi22seven

I have a vintage rat and I don't think I'll ever mod it. I'll just build one and screw that one up.

Jered

petemoore

I re-DPDT'd my buddies RAT.
 I was glad the switch I got that looked like the RAT's original in fact was close in actual design. With some small jumpers the new switch went right in.
 IIRC there was no room to fit a 3PDT
 Could the votlage drop of the LED Be causing the sound change?-
 some of the Rats I've seen had not very bright LED's, have you tried reducing the current through the LED [dimmed superbright]?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.