Cool alternative to footswitches

Started by Dave_B, August 25, 2005, 01:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave_B

I searched for Hank Wallace in the archive and didn't find him so I thought I'd post this link.

http://www.circuitcellar.com/design98/98PIC12.htm

This thing looks like a cool idea, but I couldn't find any documentation on the circuit itself... just the PIC code.
Help build our Wiki!

petemoore

It sure looks like it!!!
 Do not ask and ye shall recieve..
 I was thinking about this, like a TV controller but for controlling SB"s, and had boiled it down to not posting about a shielded signal path with a bunch of other wires for controllers...how to do that without introducing unwanted elements...I've yet to play with flip flips even so decided not to persue it.
 The thought of guitar board control [pickguard..whatever] of effects is  [  ] wordy/worthy of persuit.
 It's enough to want me to have a controller with some bypass and A/B functions controlled by the guitar, with each effect being a module with input output and Gnd connectors...all connected to the 'central switching unit. Some of the switches would be momentary.
 Wireless control obviously has advantages.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

nelson

what about infa red? like a remote control. that way you could also remotely control parameters. Ofcourse you might have to aim the guitar  :lol:
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

jmusser

When I read the title, I was hoping someone had come up with $1.50 foot switch that would last forever! That is one of the most, or maybe THE most expensive part of the box build. I stripped some latching/unlatching switches out of a dual cassette deck, that I plan to use in a couple projects. They are PC mounted, with a "T" shaped pad on them for clicking them on and off with your finger. The bottom of the T goes to the switch shaft. They'll need a fairly deep box to go in verticle as opposed to horizonal, but I can't see why they wouldn't work. They take way less pressure to latch and unlatch than a coventional stomp switch. I figured if I could recess it down in the box far enough, it shouldn't break under use. I haven't checked out that type of switch in the Mouser catalog to see if it would be an alternative in future builds, since I don't know how expensive they are, but they seem fairly heavy duty. Granted, they won't be built like a tank like the Carlings are, but I doubt most people sledge hammer their foot switches down either.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

Dave_B

Quote from: jmusserWhen I read the title, I was hoping someone had come up with $1.50 foot switch that would last forever!
If I posted about a cool alternative to footswitches, then posted a footswitch, I'd feel like I was shortchanging you.  :)
Help build our Wiki!