no more..I'm done..finnished.. :)

Started by Johan, August 26, 2005, 11:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

..last day at my old workplace today..after 12 years as a proaudio repairman..I'm changing career... it's been a lot of fun but also more than enough headaches and sleepless nights, so its time to move on..got a little emotional...but I am happy now..
..my boss even gave me a going away-gift..a Gibson ES333  :shock: ...sometimes its good to be me after all... :D

have you noticed how sometimes you run into people that have more than their share of good instrument?..I realiced when I came home today..I am that guy..( sorry for the show-off )..
the "gift" is the red one in the middle.. http://aronnelson.com/gallery/johan/a_few_friends_on_the_couch
..and yes..I'm a Gibson-man...

johan
DON'T PANIC

nooneknows

is the strato a vintage copy or a Real vintage one? it has creamed pickup covers and a deep brown neck wood... :)

Mark Hammer

The SG Jr is tantalizing.  Congrats.  You ARE a lucky man.

vanhansen

Very nice.  I like the SG.  Used to have one just like it in Cherry finish.  I miss it sometimes.  :cry:

My wife is changing jobs, not necessarily careers.  Too much stress and BS and she's tired of it so she gave her notice.  Good luck in your new ventures.
Erik

petemoore

I started with a Melody Maker. Very Nice unfancy guitar, excellent neck.
 That big red one in the middle, I mean the others...they're all really nice.
  Here's what I would want in the otrder I'd want 'em.
 LP
 Tele
 Big Body Electric like' the red one int he PIC
 SG
 Strat
 Brazilllian Rosewood Sides and Back of Accoustic.
 Well...maybe not in that order.
 I had an old 'flimsy' [the type that bend and 'move' when shaken'] Loved that thing...not rigid like a LP. The newer SG [500$ or so] I tried was ridgid.
 So Tele is the only one you Don't have that I'd want as a "Guitar list topper'.
 I could use a brand new/like new guitar, I done wore my newer LP down some. Seemed to wear out faster than the old one I had.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Johan

Quote from: nooneknowsis the strato a vintage copy or a Real vintage one? it has creamed pickup covers and a deep brown neck wood... :)

the strat is just one I put together from parts..the neck is a replacementneck from the seventies, I think..there is no serialnumber on it, but I got it from a friend who worked with the swedish fender distributor at that time, and thats what he said, so..the pickups got that way after cleaning them with a cleaningagent containing amoniac ( the knobs too) and body is ESP...I really dont like this guitar..stratplayers say it's as good as they get, but I just cant get along with it..

the SG jr is a -65..this one I LOVE...the LP is my main instrument..it isnt the best LP I've tried, but I know it so well, I can get any sound I want from it..its comfortable.. the Special gets a lot of workout too
and the J185-12..anytime there is a need for acoustic...

thanks

johan
DON'T PANIC

Bernardduur

Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

aron