News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

DOD 250 fizz

Started by GVC, September 02, 2005, 12:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GVC

Hello all I am new to this.

I am looking for a way to clear "transparent" up my DOD 250. I am getting a lot of top end "fizz". I tried increasing the value of the cap in Parrallel to the clipping diodes, which I changed to Ge Trans, It helps to a point were everything turns to mud and the buzz-fizz is still there.

What I am looking to change next is the input impedence- does anyone know which resistor would do that? ( I am new )

Any other suggestions.

FYI I have tried alot of diode combos, not helping.  

PS, not looking for a free ride, only want to make MY pedal better.  Should go without saying but I notice some "anger" towards some people who are looking for help.

nightingale

GVC,
Might want to throw a different IC in there? if you have a socket there?
I went through a period of time when i swore by the sound of the 741, even though they are a little noisey. To my ears they have a pretty "throaty" sound. After a while i sort of grew out of the way they sounded, and now i prefer the burr brown chips with a little more clarity. check out the liquid drive over at http://fuzzcentral.tripod.com/
might give you some ideas,
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

Mark Hammer

If your intention is to turn it into a clean booster, then you may want to go another route.

GVC

Thanks folks,

My intentions are not for a clean booster, but for a smoother drive without sacrificing the highs.  I also swapped the 4.7uf Electrolytic for a 1uf film and that seemed to help a little (not sure why).

I did put in sockets for input cap, chip, diodes and parallel cap.  so I will try those suggestions tonight.  I remember finding that increasing the input impedence resistor on a SD1 cleaned the sound up considerably and I would like to see if I could find the same results with the 250.

Shooting for a smooth medium overdrive for the extreme end of the drive pot.

GVC

nightingale,

Liquid Drive looks like some good ideas, Thanks!!!