my first pedal is working :)

Started by achtung jackass, September 17, 2005, 06:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

achtung jackass

heyy,
i got my first pedal working the other night, its an lpb booster. did a little tweaking and stuff to it.
i tried the BC549B but i found it too fuzzy sounding  :?:
then put in a BC550C and it sounded great. its still on the breadboard atm, but i'll build it on the perfboard tomorrow.
i was so delighted when i got it done, so i went to the forum....and it was gone :shock:  but now its back, so thats great.

Brian

i'll post pics when i have it all assembled. got some good ideas for the design on the box :idea:

oh yeah, totally OT but i started in college the other day, doing electronics engineering and got my locker, when i opened it i found 2 trim pots....i think i'll use them in a pedal :P

MartyB

Connoisseur of Distortion

hey! isn't it great to have the first one work? just remember that when you're dealing with that second project that you can't quite seem to beat.

you guys get all the luck. at my college, the most interesting things i find are fliers (and in lockers, socks)

jmusser

Great! I enjoy every time that one fires up for the first time, but theres really nothing that's like the very first one. My first one was the Bobtavia. I heard the sound sample from Doug Hammond, and said "I've got to try that"! When I first started trying to get it going I had a bunch of feedback, and I had everything turned down on it. When I first hit the strings, this weirdness came out of it, that I now know as ring mod like intermodulation distortion, where you play a note, and get it's mathmatical harmonic. I actually laughed out loud! Being new to effects, I'd never even heard of an up octave before, let alone that type of strangeness.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

achtung jackass

hrmmm yeah its great when they work..... but i put this together on the perfboard and tried to test it, and its an unbooster! dammit
i'll get the voltage values when i get home today to see if i can get it working. >:(