Old hearing aid vacuum tube's in a stompbox?

Started by aankrom, September 29, 2005, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aankrom

I got this thing that had two tiny tubes on it which I figured was from some old ignition system or something but then I discovered that it was part of an old hearing aid. These things are tiny, pinky-sized. Have to be cool for something... Come to think of it I do remember someone posting somewhere a flea-power amp. I might use them as a preamp for my digital delay project (which is just getting out of hand with an envelope follwer and a Psycho LFO...) - since I already have to put it in a big box.

aa

Pedal love

I wish you luck, but you must be forewarned. While these made nice amplifiers for hearing aids, there is no prediction on the amount of noise that could be introduced by taking something away from its intended use and putting it in a stompbox.pl

Connoisseur of Distortion

if it's from a hearing aid, i imagine the fidelity would be questionable (think of all the hiss  >:().

that's kind of neat, though. maybe you're looking for an onboard tube preamp?  :icon_mrgreen:

that would be damn cool.

gez

Can you get replacements is the bigger question.  Not much point designing something around them if you can't.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter