New layouts added...****UPDATE****

Started by Dragonfly, October 23, 2005, 03:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

...to the Dragonfly folder :)

lotsa stuff, including The Freeper, MXR Microamp, AMZ Mosfet boost, Orange Treble and Bass Boost, Sola Sound Tonebender MK2 reissue, and MORE ! 

enjoy :)

andy

MartyMart

Andy, nice to see you back .. and you've been busy !! :D
Thanks ...
Marty.

PS I like the look of you're own "Twisted Fuzz" !!
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

MartyB

Great additions Andy!  Very cool!   :icon_cool:
MartyB

Xavier

oh, not again please.............

Mosfet boost and siliface......must build inmediately.....

Thanks a lot Andy, we electro-nerds really appreciate these vero layouts. Thank you, thank you , thank you..............

Besides, I don't smoke while I solder, so my health is better :icon_mrgreen:

Dragonfly

Quote from: Xavier on October 23, 2005, 04:19:48 PM
Thank you, thank you , thank you..............

youre welcome :)

Besides, I don't smoke while I solder, so my health is better :icon_mrgreen:

...unless, of course, youre breathing the solder fumes...   :o

Dragonfly

Quote from: MartyMart on October 23, 2005, 07:10:19 AM
Andy, nice to see you back .. and you've been busy !! :D
Thanks ...
Marty.

been trying to spend a bit more time doing things i enjoy, and less time doing things i need[b/] to do...but i'm not sure if thats a good thing....

btw...i'm gonna be getting a bunch more 2n2369's, so when they get here, i'll send some your way :)

andy

Dragonfly

Quote from: MartyB on October 23, 2005, 09:48:43 AM
Great additions Andy!  Very cool!   :icon_cool:
MartyB

you guys (marty and marty :) ) definitely keep me wanting to build pedals....

andy

Melanhead

Thanks man ... for keeping me busy building new things :) ...

Wicked!

pbrommer

Hey Andy (Dragonfly)-
I meant to PM you, but I saw this thread and had to say a quick hey.
Can you check something on your MXR Dist+? There seems to be a small goof up with a connection near the LM741. There may need to be a cut in the trace by the 1uF electrolytic capacitor on the positive leg (layouts aren't loading right now). I cut the trace there, and it works well, minus limited sweep in the 1M gain pot. Let me know what you think. Thanks Dragonfly. And a huge thanks for the layouts. Your Red Llama is done and boxed up -- it sounds fantastic.

Patrick
  • SUPPORTER

vanhansen

Nice Andy.  Thanks for giving us more to do. :D  It's nice to see you still around.
Erik

Dragonfly

Quote from: pbrommer on October 24, 2005, 10:26:23 PM
Hey Andy (Dragonfly)-
I meant to PM you, but I saw this thread and had to say a quick hey.
Can you check something on your MXR Dist+? There seems to be a small goof up with a connection near the LM741. There may need to be a cut in the trace by the 1uF electrolytic capacitor on the positive leg (layouts aren't loading right now). I cut the trace there, and it works well, minus limited sweep in the 1M gain pot. Let me know what you think. Thanks Dragonfly. And a huge thanks for the layouts. Your Red Llama is done and boxed up -- it sounds fantastic.

Patrick

i'll check it...i know marty verified the layout, but its definitely worth a look...

glad you like the llama...and i guess we can call it verified :)

thanks,
  andy

RLBJR65

Thanks Andy! Great suff as usual!
Richard Boop

Dragonfly

i added another bunch of layouts today...enjoy !  :)

Xavier

Quote from: Dragonfly on October 30, 2005, 03:44:12 PM

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

You rule, Andy. Really. Thanks for making me spend so much money in Hammond boxes :icon_mrgreen:

The only thing I dare to ask  is, you have quite a few boosters now. Snakebite, Sekova, dos duendes :icon_mrgreen:, even the first one you designed. Would it be too much to ask for a little explanation / differences between them?

I'm using an LPB2 as a booster now but maybe adding a little gain to it would be better for my applications (just seen the Snakebite and seems to fill the bill)

Dragonfly

Quote from: Xavier on October 30, 2005, 04:57:09 PM
Quote from: Dragonfly on October 30, 2005, 03:44:12 PM

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

You rule, Andy. Really. Thanks for making me spend so much money in Hammond boxes :icon_mrgreen:

The only thing I dare to ask  is, you have quite a few boosters now. Snakebite, Sekova, dos duendes :icon_mrgreen:, even the first one you designed. Would it be too much to ask for a little explanation / differences between them?

I'm using an LPB2 as a booster now but maybe adding a little gain to it would be better for my applications (just seen the Snakebite and seems to fill the bill)

heres a quickie....

duende jfet ---EASY build, nice tone, decent amount of gain, but not a ton.
duende mosfet---- nice clean boost with lots of gain..a nice alternative to the amz mosfet or zvex sho...
fetzer---  search and you'll find TONS of descriptions...
sparkle--- nice amount of boost, able to be tweaked into light overdrive with the "gain" knob...adds nice definition
snakebite--- picks up where the sparkle leaves off...more grit available, slightly fuller sound
sekova--- essentially a eh lpb1 booster :)
muffmaster---easy build, adds just a hint (in a good way) of grittiness with the boost
rangemaster, rangeblaster---  GREAT for taking an already slightly dirty amp to the next level

hope this helps,
  andy 

wampcat1

Good stuff!!!

Where are you getting your images for the layouts? They aren't like the ones I've seen before?

Thanks,
Brian

Dragonfly

Quote from: wampcat1 on October 30, 2005, 08:57:05 PM
Good stuff!!!

Where are you getting your images for the layouts? They aren't like the ones I've seen before?

Thanks,
Brian

many of them  are ones ive made, but there are also a lot of ones ive taken from various places....i'll post some templates in my folder so that others can use them :)

barret77

Dragonfly, you're the best. Thanks a lot!

Dragonfly

Quote from: barret77 on October 30, 2005, 10:50:22 PM
Dragonfly, you're the best. Thanks a lot!

anytime, bro....

i just wish torchy was still around to do layouts with marty, richard, and me :(

MartyMart

Andy, the "Mockman's" 9v connection to the 22k/10uf is direct to the
"-" side of 10uf !
It should be moved down one strip with its jumper, to 22k/ "+" side
of 10uf  :D

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com