Can of worms....

Started by Dragonfly, October 30, 2005, 11:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

i know i'm opening a can of worms here, but i'm looking for a few suggestions for future vero layouts to do. a few things first....

1) just because you suggest it, doesnt mean i have to do it :) ...dont get mad if i decide against it...
2) the layouts i choose to do will be done and posted when i'm ready to do them and post them...IOW, it might be tomorrow, might be next year...   ;D (but probably somewhere in between...)
3) the effect should be simple enought that the layout should be able to fit in a 1590B or 1590BB size box (no acoustic 360 preamps :) )
4) if someones already got a verified layout posted for the suggested effect, i probably wont do another one.
5) i prefer "vintage" style fx, but i like new ones too...i just need to have access to a correct schematic.

id really like to do more things like distortions, phasers, tremolos (got a colorsound trem layout coming soon  ;) ), envelope filters, etc. ive got LOTS of fuzz and boosters already laid out.

so there you have it....can of worms busted open....

andy

sir_modulus

I'd just like to take a moment to thank you for all the layouts you've been providing us! It's nice to have a system to request layouts, and have them to use. Personally...I was wondering if you could do one for the seamoon funk machine?

Cheers,

Nish

temple_of_boom

i too would be interested in the funk machine

Dragonfly

Quote from: sir_modulus on October 30, 2005, 11:31:39 PM
I'd just like to take a moment to thank you for all the layouts you've been providing us! It's nice to have a system to request layouts, and have them to use.

aww, shucks... :icon_redface:

Personally...I was wondering if you could do one for the seamoon funk machine?

Cheers,

Nish

ITS FUNNY YOU SHOULD MENTION THAT...IT WAS ALREADY ON THE LIST !!!  i'm going under the assumption that the schematic here on the site is correct ?

wampcat1

How about...
An ADA MP-1 but in a stompbox?  :icon_mrgreen:

Ok, maybe not that but honestly I like your original designs Andy -- you got da cool schtuff going on! ;)

Other than those two requests, how about doing some Ibanez Distortions from the XX-10 series? Some GREAT stuff in those years, covered with bad, bad names (LA METAL?  :icon_rolleyes: )

If you ever did a boss DF-2, that would be very cool.

And call me nuts...but I'd like to see some tube based stuff! :D

Talk soon,
Brian

Dragonfly

Quote from: wampcat1 on October 30, 2005, 11:57:24 PM
How about...
An ADA MP-1 but in a stompbox?  :icon_mrgreen:

:o

Ok, maybe not that but honestly I like your original designs Andy -- you got da cool schtuff going on! ;)

thanks...got more stuff in the works :)

Other than those two requests, how about doing some Ibanez Distortions from the XX-10 series? Some GREAT stuff in those years, covered with bad, bad names (LA METAL?  :icon_rolleyes: )

maybe a Fat Cat ?  i'll have to look at the schemos....  (how 'bout the "Mo-Stortion" .... < i ain't got enuff 'stortion, so i need some mo'stortion> )

:D

If you ever did a boss DF-2, that would be very cool.
i'll take a look at a schemo...

And call me nuts...but I'd like to see some tube based stuff! :D

from what i understand, tubes and veroboards dont like each other much...lotsa voltage  :o ....of course i guess i could use the vero for the primary circuit (depending on voltage, etc) and mount the tubes on seperate sockets..... hmmm...i guess i should look at a few schemos---maybe visit paul marossy's site....

vortex

As always, thanks for your fine work Dragonfly! I just built the Tonebender with your layout and it is a fun circuit. I've got mods already planned!

I too would be interested in envelope filter vero layouts. I have built the Seamoon and it was pretty lame actually. Now it could be me, so don't let that stop you! Somehow I think that the MXR would be cooler.

Um, carry on..... ::)

Dragonfly

Quote from: vortex on October 31, 2005, 02:47:54 AM
As always, thanks for your fine work Dragonfly! I just built the Tonebender with your layout and it is a fun circuit. I've got mods already planned!

im glad you were able to verify the layout :) ...please keep me informed of any mods you find useful.

I too would be interested in envelope filter vero layouts. I have built the Seamoon and it was pretty lame actually. Now it could be me, so don't let that stop you! Somehow I think that the MXR would be cooler.

Um, carry on..... ::)

ive also thought about doing a layout for the dod 440 envelope filter....

MartyMart

OK, I've had no time for layouts recently, but here's what's round the corner !
Rat
Liquid Drive
Ross "brown" distortion
Ring Frobnicator ( twitchy circuit though! )
AMZ overdrive "lite"
cmos boost
Bronx cheer
Psychtar
All built/tested 100%

So you can "exclude" some from you're list Andy   :icon_wink:

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

ezanker

Andy, I too am grateful for all the layouts and original designs you have contributed to community!

How about one of the sequencer pedals like the vanishing point or RG's sequencer?  Would they work well with vero?

Erik

nelson

I have used vero once, to build an LPB1 because of a volume drop in a circuit...tagged it on the end.

I have some left over.

Some that might not be on your list is the VOX repeat percussion.

EH hot tubes.

EH compressor.....(whats it called?)

opamp muff.

Dynacomp/ross comp....(prob exists)

O and a stereo memory man....

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Dragonfly

Quote from: MartyMart on October 31, 2005, 04:40:34 AM
OK, I've had no time for layouts recently, but here's what's round the corner !
Rat
Liquid Drive
Ross "brown" distortion
Ring Frobnicator ( twitchy circuit though! )
AMZ overdrive "lite"
cmos boost
Bronx cheer
Psychtar
All built/tested 100%

So you can "exclude" some from you're list Andy   :icon_wink:

Marty.

ok...i can take the bronx, the cmos, the ross, and the liquid drive off the list :)

thanks for the heads up !

andy

Dragonfly

Quote from: nelson on October 31, 2005, 06:04:12 PM
I have used vero once, to build an LPB1 because of a volume drop in a circuit...tagged it on the end.

I have some left over.

Some that might not be on your list is the VOX repeat percussion.

EH hot tubes.

EH compressor.....(whats it called?)

opamp muff.

Dynacomp/ross comp....(prob exists)

O and a stereo memory man....

i had considered the blackfinger and the opamp muff...the others could be interesting... thanks for the suggestions !

andy

Dragonfly

Quote from: ezanker on October 31, 2005, 05:13:05 PM
Andy, I too am grateful for all the layouts and original designs you have contributed to community!

no problem...just trying to give back something for all the stuff ive learned here.

How about one of the sequencer pedals like the vanishing point or RG's sequencer?  Would they work well with vero?

Erik

wow...id forgotten about the vanishing point...i remember looking at it a while back and thinking it looked like an interesting circuit...im gonna "re-visit" that one !

brad

I don't understand why people make requests instead of just working out the layout for themselves if it hasn't been done before ???

JimRayden

Quote from: brad on October 31, 2005, 06:46:53 PM
I don't understand why people make requests instead of just working out the layout for themselves if it hasn't been done before ???

Because Dragonfly has a little magic wand that gives the layout the mojo.  :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I actually admire your work and the trouble you go through to help your fellow forum-mates. Keep on rockin', DF.

----------
Jimbo

vanhansen

Hey Andy.  It's good to see you around a little more.  Your vero layouts have helped me understand vero a little more, along with Torchy's.  Now, if I could just find time to do some for my own stuff.   :D
Erik

Jaicen_solo

I'd second that vanishing point layout. I bought all the parts for it today, and i'll probably stick it on a PCB, but I might be swayed ;)

Only thing is, where can I get pots that are small enough to fit in a row on a b-size box?? Does Z have some majic mojo pots, or does he use trimmers in his Seek pedals??
Personally, I like the utility layouts you make Dragonfly. Gotta love that Millenium bypass ;) How about a variable power supply, I need to get 9v to 6v for my looper.  ::)

trjones1

Andy,

Would a Joe Gagan's Skyripper be too big for your size restrictions?

http://www.ampage.org/sounds/files/SkyripperSCHEM6-24.jpg

Seems like a really cool twist on a fuzz/boost.

I haven't gotten to build any of your layouts yet, but my next two projects are coming from your gallery.  I look forward to it.  Thanks.

Trevor

Processaurus

Quote from: Jaicen_solo on October 31, 2005, 08:50:29 PM
I'd second that vanishing point layout. I bought all the parts for it today, and i'll probably stick it on a PCB, but I might be swayed ;)

Only thing is, where can I get pots that are small enough to fit in a row on a b-size box?? Does Z have some majic mojo pots, or does he use trimmers in his Seek pedals??
Personally, I like the utility layouts you make Dragonfly. Gotta love that Millenium bypass ;) How about a variable power supply, I need to get 9v to 6v for my looper.  ::)

The cute pots Z.Vex uses are 9mm alpha PCB mount pots. 
http://cusackmusic.com/?page=details&type=Products&item=ZVEX%20Tap%20Tempo
You'd have to cut off the metal stabilizing tabs on them or drill bigger holes in the board for them to work with perf or vero board, though.