Can of worms....

Started by Dragonfly, October 30, 2005, 11:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomo

I would be very happy to see ROGs Splitter Blend in a verobaord layout. I am starting to work with veroboard, but that one is a little too comlicated for my abilities. I think it looks like a very cool circuit. Thanks.

Processaurus

If you have the time and inclination, Andy, the splitter blend would be really handy for people who want to add a clean blend to their custom effects.  Also the runoffgroove Mr. EQ looks interesting.

octafish

Maestro FSH-1?

Yeah Right! ;D
Seriously anything you want to post will be greatly appreciated.
I'd try to get you interested in Tim Escobedo's Simple Square Wave Shaper, I've built one of these on perf and it is a raucous little circuit. Obviously thats not a request for myself but it is one of the cooler original designs I've built. I feel it deserves some sort of easybuild layout. Just my au$ 0.02 though.
Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. -Last words of Breaker Morant

Dragonfly

Quote from: Processaurus on October 31, 2005, 11:00:58 PM
If you have the time and inclination, Andy, the splitter blend would be really handy for people who want to add a clean blend to their custom effects.  Also the runoffgroove Mr. EQ looks interesting.

noted...not a bad idea at all...  :)

Dragonfly

Quote from: octafish on November 01, 2005, 12:34:14 AM
Maestro FSH-1?

as long as you dont mind having to "house" the layout in an enclosure the size of a 57 chevy :D

I'd try to get you interested in Tim Escobedo's Simple Square Wave Shaper, I've built one of these on perf and it is a raucous little circuit. Obviously thats not a request for myself but it is one of the cooler original designs I've built. I feel it deserves some sort of easybuild layout. Just my au$ 0.02 though.

cool...shouldnt be too tough to do....ive got the schemo, so i'll work on it...

Dragonfly

Quote from: brad on October 31, 2005, 06:46:53 PM
I don't understand why people make requests instead of just working out the layout for themselves if it hasn't been done before ???

actually, some people have trouble making space efficient layouts...it takes a lot of practice...another reason is that sometimes you just have an extra 20-30 minutes available, and you want to make a pedal....ususlly not enough time to design a vero layout from scratch AND build it.
seriously though...i WOULD highly encourage people to try doing a few layouts for themselves if they havent tried it before...it definitely helps in understanding signal flow through a circuit, how the circuit works, etc...

rock on !

newperson

are there any free or cheap programs that do the layouts?  for Macs?

octafish

I think Andy does his layouts the hard way, you know, using his brain. Then draws them up using a paint/graphics program. I'm making an assumption though and cannot give a definite answer.
There is a Windows program called Stripboard Magic, that will do automated layouts but is extremely limited. You can't rotate components for example, and the automated layout is extremely inefficient with space. But for simple little circuits it's ok. Then again for simple little circuits I find it easier to just build them using trial and error.
Shoot straight you bastards. Don't make a mess of it. -Last words of Breaker Morant

Dragonfly

i havent found a decent automated program...at least for my use.   i use ms paint...the vero "tools" are available in my layouts folder for anyone who wants to try their own layouts.

rock the hard way !

David

Quote from: Dragonfly on November 01, 2005, 01:14:50 PM
Quote from: Processaurus on October 31, 2005, 11:00:58 PM

noted...not a bad idea at all...  :)

So what's the status of the SB, Andy?  It turns out that I could use one.

TheBigMan

In that case I'll also post my "to-do" list to avoid any repetitions:-

Differential Distortion
EZ Headphone Amp (Dead easy but I think someone requested it?)
Colorsound Wah (Twin-T version)
MXR Headphone Amp
Marshall MS-2 (Just about done)
Mosrite Fuzz-Rite
Sam Ash Fuzz
Seamoon Funk Machine
Tim Escobedo's Duende
Tim Escobedo's Smokey Amp Clone

My first task though is to verify my own Colorsound Tremolo Layout.  ;D

RDV

I gotta admit a little disappointment at not seeing a new circuit called "Can Of Worms".

Yeah, I know, sounds a bit fishy.

RDV

troubledtom

the blue box and skyripper
       cool,
         - tom

syndromet

You guys have turned me into a vero-head, and I'm looking forward to you new layouts. A sequencer would be nice...  :D  You guys do a great job!
Quote from: MartyMart on October 31, 2005, 04:40:34 AM
OK, I've had no time for layouts recently, but here's what's round the corner !
Rat
Liquid Drive
Ross "brown" distortion
Ring Frobnicator ( twitchy circuit though! )
AMZ overdrive "lite"
cmos boost
Bronx cheer
Psychtar
All built/tested 100%

So you can "exclude" some from you're list Andy   :icon_wink:

Marty.
Torchy already has a great layout for the Psychtar, if you don't want to make another one. I suggest you you make a layout for the "squarewawe made simpler", simply because I'd like to see that one...:P I would also like to see the XORUS, maybe I'll try thatone myself
My diy-site: www.syndromet.com

Mark Hammer

1)The Seamoon Funk Machine is nothing to write home about...stock...but it can be modded and made more usable.  So, a layout is and isn't warranted.

2) Tim Escobedo's stuff is so clever and simple, it deserves to have a zipfile of vero and perf layouts that people can download just to encourage them to dive in.  Obviously that should be done with Tim's cooperation, though.

3) The old Anderton Bi-Filter Follower is a VERY moddable and musical pedal, and well worth building.  There is a layout that Dean Hazelwanter did (posted at GGG) but it may be kinda big for some people.

4) A vero layout for a flip-flop based Boss style switching circuit would be a nice complement to add onto a bunch of pedals, and I'm sure welcomed by many.

5) Thanks for your commitment to this particular endeavour.