News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

NTE458

Started by petemoore, November 16, 2005, 08:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

I can't find pinout source, all points point to NTE, the html and pdf seem quite disabled here, I want to install a Stratoblaster...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

formerMember1

hi petemoore,

i don't know if this helps, or is the same thing you have but i found this online,...

http://www.nteinc.com/specs/400to499/pdf/nte458.pdf

it takes a couple seconds too load, but eventually does  :icon_wink:

Dragonfly

Quote from: petemoore on November 16, 2005, 08:57:00 PM
  I can't find pinout source, all points point to NTE, the html and pdf seem quite disabled here, I want to install a Stratoblaster...

theyre D-G-S, looking at the flat side...

you'll like it in the stratoblaster...mucho gain, just a bit of smooth crunch :)

petemoore

'Nice sounding hybrid FF just wasn't really harmonically rich enough.
  Stratoblaster between output and switch added rich sounding harmonics, added flexibility, I also have a LP Filter switched cap on the output...very nice.

Dragonfly

Quote from: petemoore on November 16, 2005, 11:28:54 PM
  'Nice sounding hybrid FF just wasn't really harmonically rich enough.
  Stratoblaster between output and switch added rich sounding harmonics, added flexibility, I also have a LP Filter switched cap on the output...very nice.

sounds cool pete....

for the heck of it, you should take a germ diode and put it between q1's emitter and ground...it adds a really cool "sponginess"...should sound great with the stratoblaster tacked on the end...

rock.

petemoore

Sounds like an EZ enough one for me to try...
  Oh I used a 68k to tame the output of the SB, I think it's just a bit much at 100k, never use all that anyway, 68k is just about right, plenty.

Dragonfly

Quote from: petemoore on November 17, 2005, 12:44:42 AM
  Sounds like an EZ enough one for me to try...

let me know how it works for ya...