Need Landgraff MOD schematic.

Started by Picassochild, December 16, 2005, 12:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Picassochild

Hi guys. Does anyone has Landgraff MOD schematic? Thanks in advance.

cd

Call this # and ask for it, they'll send you a 3D version: (850)341-2310

wampcat1

Quote from: cd on December 16, 2005, 12:37:48 PM

Jeez cole, relax! It's Christmas! :)

cd

Quote from: wampcat1 on December 16, 2005, 12:39:18 PM

Shoot I genuinely forgot to put a smiley there - here's two: :) :)

wampcat1

Quote from: cd on December 16, 2005, 01:07:07 PM
Quote from: wampcat1 on December 16, 2005, 12:39:18 PM

Shoot I genuinely forgot to put a smiley there - here's two: :) :)

:icon_lol: :icon_cool:

CS Jones

Oh my goodness. Am I reading this correctly?

*copy, paste, save*

Now it's time for a Christmas time group hug.
Who else is in?

(it's about time, you two - *wags finger*  :icon_smile:)

Edit for content.
Picasso... 22 posts and you've asked for schematics of Emma, Cornish and Landgraff. Here's an idea. Why don't you build something and tell us about it.

wampcat1

Quote from: CS Jones on December 16, 2005, 05:21:24 PM
Oh my goodness. Am I reading this correctly?

*copy, paste, save*

Now it's time for a Christmas time group hug.
Who else is in?

(it's about time, you two - *wags finger*  :icon_smile:)

:icon_lol:

Picassochild

guys, come one...don't be so greedy  ;)

MartyMart

I tried one yesterday, sounded great/looked great, but it should be re-named :

"Landgraff born again overdrive"    !!

WAAY too much religious influence in the written info .... :icon_rolleyes:

MM
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

CS Jones

QuoteWAAY too much religious influence in the written info .... 

Don't sweat it too much Marty. Landgraff is one of a small and rapidly dying off breed... a christian who actually lives every day as a christian - praying for the return of his saviour and trying to do good works for the sake of other people. He and his ilk will be dead soon enough and the world will be returned from the clutches of such people to others not so inclined. You may then take the "religious influence in the written info" as a quaint reminder of bygone age.

MartyMart

Quote from: CS Jones on December 21, 2005, 06:27:39 AM
QuoteWAAY too much religious influence in the written info .... 

Don't sweat it too much Marty. Landgraff is one of a small and rapidly dying off breed... a christian who actually lives every day as a christian - praying for the return of his saviour and trying to do good works for the sake of other people.

Sorry, that came off sounding a bit nasty, which wasn't my intent.
If he does "good works for the sake of others" then that's fine.
( those being for one, VERY nice sounding gtr products )
I try to do the same, without being a "christian" , one can live a "christian life" ....
MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

stm

Quote from: Picassochild on December 16, 2005, 10:45:45 PM
here's one custom Emma
http://indie.nm.ru/Custom%20FRAT.JPG

Nice looking box--love that red hue!

Could you post a schem please?

stm

Quote from: Picassochild on December 21, 2005, 02:52:57 AM
guys, come one...don't be so greedy  ;)
We are not being greedy at all here :icon_razz:

The Landdgraff is another TS-808 / SD-1 hotrod clone.  Based on all the info floating around and also in my own experiences, I would concentrate my efforts in three areas:

1) The clipping diodes.  I would increase threshold in the assymmetric diode section in one of the following ways:

a. Replace the diode that's alone by a red LED.  Now you have a red LED in one direction and two silicons in the other.  You increased threshold and reduced assymmetry a bit for a more natural sound.

b. Add a Ge diode in series with each leg of the silicon diodes, raising threshold and adding some softness.

2) Replace the 4558 OpAmp with a TL072 or, better yet, with an NE5532 for best noise performance.

3) Add another 0.22 uF capacitor in parallel with the 0.22uF that goes with the 1k resistor so as to increase low end.  Maybe even more, like 0.47u or up to 1uF for extra fatness.  Your preferred value(s) can go to a "FAT" switch.

Concentrate your efforts on the three items above, listen and compare the options, and in a couple of hours you will have a Landgraff Dynamic Overdrive Mod that suits your own tastes, gear and musical style.  You'll get way better results in this way than blindly applying other guy's recipe.

Regards.

P.D. Of course we expect in return that you post your results/findings/comments afterwards :icon_wink:

Doug_H

This thread subject cracks me up: "Need xxx schematic".

Nobody needs a schematic. What you do need is stuff like air, water, food, shelter, etc...

I looked at your post history Picassowhatever... "Need this", "Need that", and then the ultimate irony: "Don't be greedy guys!" Ever think about applying that to yourself? Ever thought about grabbing a breadboard, trying out a few things and then reporting back what you found? That's the way it works around here.

It's called "community". I particularly like definition 3 in my online dictionary:

"3.   a. Similarity or identity: a community of interests. b. Sharing, participation, and fellowship."

Doug

CS Jones

What this guy wants is a different pedal, spelled MO - D, pronounced "Mow - Dee"... meaning "more distortion".

RDV

I need to be independently wealthy. Could anyone help me please? Come on now, don't be so greedy...

RDV

Picassochild

OMG...I knew that phrase "don't be so greedy" will be too irony, but at I didn't think that you'll find it so irony and will discuss it so much. I don't htink that I really NEED this scheme, just wanna try to aplly this mod to RAT or build new fx...but all of you who checked my post history can see that I asked to build fx for me and I wrote that I haven't enough experience and knowledge to do it by myself. I'm trying to find scheme, send it to my friend who can build me fx and that all. About EMMA Reeza, it's factroy mod of Tim from Emma Electronics, he finally agreed to do it. But I can send scheme of DNA Gain Fuxxer I, which is pretty nice distortion.