Ultimate recording channel mp3 ?

Started by MartyMart, December 16, 2005, 01:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

stm

:icon_cool: :icon_cool: :icon_cool:

One doubt related to a previous thread: The JFET stage at the input of the Condor generates some OD as well. Are you using the gain on low, high, or just skipping this stage and replacing it with the SSS?

Best regards.

vanhansen

Oooooo, Barracuda....LOL.   8)

That's the first song that came to mind hearing that distorted tone.  Real nice.
Erik

MartyMart

Quote from: stm on December 16, 2005, 03:40:30 PM
:icon_cool: :icon_cool: :icon_cool:

One doubt related to a previous thread: The JFET stage at the input of the Condor generates some OD as well. Are you using the gain on low, high, or just skipping this stage and replacing it with the SSS?

Best regards.

The gain is almost all Shaka, just a touch from the SSS and about 25% on the Condor's "gain" pot.
With both SSS and Condor at "Full tilt" there's some extra compression/distortion.... which is nice :D
"Clean" sample is just zero gain on the shaka and gtr vol at 75%

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

MartyMart

Quote from: vanhansen on December 16, 2005, 04:14:38 PM
Oooooo, Barracuda....LOL.   8)

That's the first song that came to mind hearing that distorted tone.  Real nice.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:
It's actually the three chords from The Who's "Won't get fooled again"
( played badly !! )

MM.