1937 Novachord Restoration

Started by Doug_H, December 16, 2005, 03:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug_H

Peter/Aron- I wasn't sure if this belongs here or in the Lounge. Move it if you wish.

This guy deserves an award or something... 146 tubes, 269W AC power consumption- this is serious hardcore DIY...

http://www.discretesynthesizers.com/Nova/intro.htm

Check out the soundclips towards the bottom of the page. This sounds completely amazing! I think this is one of the coolest synthesizer sounds I've ever heard. ;)

Doug

Connoisseur of Distortion

wow. he deserves to have a synth that cool!  :o

keninverse

yeah but phil c.'s modular ain't half bad either.  Those panel graphics are killer...so very intuitive.

MartyMart

WOW  !!  it sounds gorgeous  :D ..... what a job that must have been  !!
Hard to believe those sounds were available in the 1930's eh ?
I want a CD and the sample CD..... in fact   I WANT ONE   :icon_wink:

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

jrc4558

RJ

Great read, thanks Doug! 

Really cool project and the sound clips are beautiful...I had no idea there were things making sounds like that in the 1930s!

-Ryan

gez

"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

stomper

Thanks for that link.  I've shared it with some others who dig synth gear.  Those sounds are merely digital representations of what the thing must sound like in person.  Amazing.

Eric H

Quote from: Doug_H on December 16, 2005, 03:30:49 PM
Peter/Aron- I wasn't sure if this belongs here or in the Lounge. Move it if you wish.

This guy deserves an award or something... 146 tubes, 269W AC power consumption- this is serious hardcore DIY...

http://www.discretesynthesizers.com/Nova/intro.htm

Check out the soundclips towards the bottom of the page. This sounds completely amazing! I think this is one of the coolest synthesizer sounds I've ever heard. ;)

Doug

Completely mind-boggling, Doug.
Thanks for the link
wow.

--Eric
" I've had it with cheap cables..."
--DougH

squidsquad

OK...who's gonna do a JFET emulation w/perfboard layout?  Y E O W !
Truly amazing...thanks Doug!