mixing two guitar in one amp

Started by domenico, December 17, 2005, 04:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domenico

Hi I've buil the simple mixer from ggg but it suffers from tone sucking , not just volume sucking but loss of treble
I've tried lowering r10 and solved the volume problem but not loss of treble
what should I do ? should I buffer each inputs ?
thanks !
domenico

d95err

Do you really need to mix the two guitars (i.e. use both at the same time)? Otherwise, a simple A/B box would be a much easier (and true bypass) solution.

domenico

Quote from: domenico on December 17, 2005, 04:19:53 AM
Hi I've buil the simple mixer from ggg but it suffers from tone sucking , not just volume sucking but loss of treble
I've tried lowering r10 and solved the volume problem but not loss of treble
what should I do ? should I buffer each inputs ?
thanks !
domenico

I've left out the 2 input pots and buffered each input , it works !
thanks...to me ! :)
I hope this will be useful for some one else with the same problem!
domenico

Hal

haha I was just going to suggest that :-D.

There's another thing you can do with a single op-amp...I think you just tie both inputs to the + input or something.  Doesn't seem to make too much sense to me now, though.

Anyway, If you want the volume controls back, I would try a 100k pot after your buffers, with a cap to match...experiment with that.

peas

H S

That suggests something cool - have a guitar and EP mixed into the same amp so that either playing alone is mildly distorted, but when they hit a note together there's a highly distorted third tone.  You'd need the right riff and counter-riff.

domenico

Quote from: Hal on December 17, 2005, 01:12:07 PM
haha I was just going to suggest that :-D.

There's another thing you can do with a single op-amp...I think you just tie both inputs to the + input or something.  Doesn't seem to make too much sense to me now, though.

Anyway, If you want the volume controls back, I would try a 100k pot after your buffers, with a cap to match...experiment with that.

peas

solved this thing too !
in>buffer stage>10k pot > 0.1 Mf mixer capacitor> it works!!!
domenico