SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

rocket help...

Started by october, December 17, 2005, 04:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

october

hi,
i am new here...
just built my first pedal... the rocket.
it seems like it works, however i have a couple of questions...
first the parts list and wiring diagram  on general guitar gadgets, and geofx do not match...
this has caused me some confusion, on one it shows two 47uf caps, and the other only shows one.(?)
also on one there is a 4m7 resistor(optional) the other shows a 1m instead, but doesnt list it in the parts list. (i used a 1m)(?)
i wired it using the G.G.G. p.c.b. and diagram, and a 3dpdt switch, the LED indicator does not work...
when the pedal is on there is alot of noise, is this the nature of the pedal?(it is mounted in a metal box)
maybe someone could help? i want to give the pedal for a christmas gift, so any assistance would be appreciated!

thanks,
october

aron

The extra capacitor is most likely a power supply capacitor (don't have the files handy here).

The pedal should be pretty quiet. What kind of noise are you hearing? (Hiss, hum ???)

bioroids

Welcome to the forum!

The rocket is a great pedal, it should't be making too much noise.
What kind of noise is it making? Does it vary with the level, gain or tone pot? I suspect you may have a wiring mistake (it will be probably easy to solve).

I suggest you to stick to only one of the schems (say the GGG one). There may be little differences between different versions.

As an advice to a newcomer, I suggest you to use the search function (the third button on the menu above). There is a great deal of info accesible there and you'll find that a lot of questions have already been asked and answered before.

Luck!

Miguel

Oh Aron beat me to it!
Eramos tan pobres!

october

thanks guys,

i tried the search function but was unable to find the info i was looking for...

i got the noise to go away, once everything was mounted in my enclosure. could it have been some sort of grounding issue?

anyway, the pedal seems to work pretty good, although i'm going to rewire my pots cause they are counter clockwise...
and it needs to be painted...

i used the wiring diagram from GGG http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/rocket_lo.gif
and the LED wiring doesnt work, could it be cause i used the 1M resistor instead of the 4.7? just a thought... i also did not add the DC power jack...

thanks!

pyrop

Hi october,

check the polarities with your led. you may just have it reversed.
with wiring the pots, the layouts on ggg are looking at the bottom of them.

good luck
pyrop

october

i tried reversing the LED leads, and also tried using a test light... it seems like the LED connections dont do anything.
i had a guitar cord in the input jack and tried switching it on and off also.