AD-3208 echo GGG?

Started by vacuumdust, December 30, 2005, 07:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vacuumdust

Anyone else built this??  I've been playing through mine for about 6 months now.  Really cool pedal but the one issue I have with it is finally getting to me.  At faster rates the echo is much more prone to runaway oscillation...to the point where I need to dial down the repeats if I increase the rate.  Anyone else have this problem?  My EH stereo memory man didn't do this.  There is also a super high pitch frequency coming through as soon as the pedal is engaged...almost to the point where only dogs can hear it:)  Is that clock noise??  the frequency goes up in pitch as I turn the rate up and eventually disappears...but once it's gone i'm at that point on the rate pot where it just wants to oscillate.  I've changed resistor values as described on the GGG site but the pedal still acts the same with more or less intensity.  Did my best with all the trim pots too.  THanks for any advice/thoughts

toneless

You have to play with the trimmers. Normally you can kill the clock...
Play with the guitar and turn careffully the trimmers..sometimes an ebow helps for this kind of work :icon_cool:

swt

i've also this type of problem. I could solve it with the trimmers, what i couldn't solve was the high pitched oscillations in the repetitions, and it's really annoying. Any solutions to this one?