Any cool 555 circuits?

Started by aut0tek, January 04, 2006, 01:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aut0tek

Oh, haha. I'm an idiot. No, I was talking about cutting in and out the output signal so that there's a bit of silence, then sound, silence, then sound... very quickly so it sounds like a cranked tremolo. I'll make a sound clip of my ME-50 doing this if it'll help describe it better... let me know. I just don't like the ME-50 it sucks the tone right out of the guitar.

-aut0
I'm a n00b.

toneless

Nice chip for a simple monophonic keyboard :o

gez

Quote from: aut0tek on January 08, 2006, 12:09:56 AM
Oh, haha. I'm an idiot. No, I was talking about cutting in and out the output signal so that there's a bit of silence, then sound, silence, then sound... very quickly so it sounds like a cranked tremolo.

Don't think you could do this with a LED/LDR as after a certain frequency the LDR will be too slow to repond.  The CMOS echo over at marcos/munky's site could easily be modified to modulate at a faster rate...it clicks though.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

aut0tek

Aww. Yea I definitely need some echo/delay projects but I guess the 555 isn't where I should be looking. The only delay type projects I know of are pretty complex looking but I've only seen like 2.
I'm a n00b.

gez

Quote from: aut0tek on January 08, 2006, 11:41:20 PM
Aww. Yea I definitely need some echo/delay projects but I guess the 555 isn't where I should be looking. The only delay type projects I know of are pretty complex looking but I've only seen like 2.

Echo is a misnomer, it's a chopper trem.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Roobin

Sorry bit odd, but i just discovered it...

You can use 555 timer in tuner circuit. Have a look at http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/tom/schematics.htm#Fx scrolll down to tuner