New Zvex Stuff!

Started by Jaicen_solo, January 21, 2006, 08:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gez

10 sliders for the Tromorama...4017?  :icon_razz:
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

A.S.P.

c`mon, gez, don`t spoil it...  :icon_wink:

aren`t you too busy with dozens of topic reply notifications of threads that you already replied to over 24 hours ago???
Analogue Signal Processing

The Tone God

Quote from: gez on January 22, 2006, 05:59:48 PM
10 sliders for the Tromorama...

Those aren't sliders. It still uses the trimpots. I think in that one picture because of the artwork it looks like sliders. I thought the same thing when I first saw it. Its still looks like eight stages and its calle dthe Tremorama. ;)

Andrew

bwanasonic

I look forward to seeing video demos for the new pedals.

Kerry M

no one ever

I WAS THERE.

ok, not that big of a deal, but they were all wearing bathrobes... hmm.

the box of rock's logo is printed on paper and stuck on there. not the best zvex art. didn't get to hear the ringtone though... but the box of rock was tasty. hot.

zachary is making a nice living, i suppose, and he's making it doing what we all love/mildly enjoy. he's also made a name for himself. an envious member of this forum is certainly justified.
(chk chk chk)

nelson

Quote from: no one ever on January 22, 2006, 08:41:35 PM
I WAS THERE.

ok, not that big of a deal, but they were all wearing bathrobes... hmm.

the box of rock's logo is printed on paper and stuck on there. not the best zvex art. didn't get to hear the ringtone though... but the box of rock was tasty. hot.

zachary is making a nice living, i suppose, and he's making it doing what we all love/mildly enjoy. he's also made a name for himself. an envious member of this forum is certainly justified.

The box of rock is just a prototype I believe the final release will have the "vexter" style graphics. It is supposed to be one of his more accessible models.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

sir_modulus

I'm curious...what would happen if you turned on all the pedals at the zvex booth all at once.... :icon_question: :icon_lol:

Bernardduur

Quote from: sir_modulus on January 23, 2006, 08:55:29 AM
I'm curious...what would happen if you turned on all the pedals at the zvex booth all at once.... :icon_question: :icon_lol:

Boom!
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

Basile

I don't want to imagine... Since I have my vexter, i can receive radio station with my strat when I turned it on all .... Perhaps, receiving seti signals.... :icon_wink:
The Flammable Project - a website made for DIY'ers.
Current project: The Mutron Biphase

WGTP

"Box of Rocks - sounds like it's time for some more experimenting with the Mosfet Obsidian."   

I decided that sounded sort of snotty, which was not my intent.  It should have said, for those interested, the only other 3 stage Mosfet Booster/distortion commonly known around here is Joe Davidson's Obsidian.   :icon_cool:
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

Mark Hammer

Small rodents would die instantly.
Al-Quaeda would claim responsibility
300 people at NAMM would go into instant air guitar paralysis.
There'd be about 4ma current drain on a single 9v battery powering them all.
Scott McClellan would look just a tiny bit more stunned. :icon_wink:
Minneapolis would get unseasonably warm.
Governor Ah-Nold would say that he's leaving and he *won't* be back.
I'd probably look around for a splitter and a mixer.
Somebody on Harmony Central would say that it would all sound so much better with silver mica caps and carbon comps.
Somebody else at HC would argue with them.
They'd have to rewrite the ending of this season's "24" series.
Somebody somewhere would say "$1800 FOR that?  There's only ten hammond 1590Bs and a bunch of stompswitches and cheap pots!  I can do that for....just a sec while I add....$350!!"

WildMountain

galad

http://www.hermidaaudio.com/Friends.jpg
lol my fav NAMM pic

so,.. im speculating,.. the ringtone might sound something like robotalk?... only a little more pronounced
the description says it can make a melody,.. so im thinking the harmonics would change according to the pots(ring mods)
so it would kind of sound like a vocoder,.. only with guitar?
seems like you'd have a hard time setting up the melody though
i think most people would use the random function
although that step function could come in handy

zachary vex

if you are familiar with a ring modulator, any ring modulator, you can imagine exactly what the RingTone sounds like.  that's what it is, after all.  a two-transformer, four-diode ring modulator.  a very simple synth module, with the carrier oscillator driven by an 8-stage sequencer. 

it's easy to set up the melody.  you just click the little switch to "S" for step mode, then step through the steps manually using the left stomp switch and program the melody.  nothing to it. 

soggybag

When does the Ring Tone go on sale?

zachary vex

it'll be at least a month to two months.  the boards are on their way, but there's lots of stuff to do.  8^)  i finished building the prototype boards and wiring them into the boxes just hours before heading out to the NAMM show.  i actually ordered the first run of production boards while at the show!

luckily, i convinced Laura Bennett to paint me up a couple of boxes a week before i left, so there would be something to show off when i got there.

Jaicen_solo

Care to tell us how you eliminated carrier bleedthrough Zach??
I'd like to think you've got some diabolical phase-antiphase startrek circuit in there.

I hope it's not just matched transistors ;)

A.S.P.

Analogue Signal Processing

Jaicen_solo

Awww, you guys have the best sleepovers...

zachary vex

Quote from: Jaicen_solo on January 26, 2006, 11:01:05 AM
Care to tell us how you eliminated carrier bleedthrough Zach??

why would i want to eliminate carrier bleedthrough?  what is this, rocket science?  it's a guitar pedal.  carrier bleedthrough is cool.  it means there's a little something going on when you're all done playing... i'm all about that.  if you don't want your pedal on, you can always use the bypass button.  8^)

the ring modulator circuit in the ringtone is a pair of transformers and a ring of diodes, just like your grampa used to use.