Filters and other weird stuff

Started by Austin73, January 25, 2006, 10:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin73

Is anybody out there making anything weird. I'm looking to make something different than just fuzz pedals as soon as i work out why my Bazz Fuss don't work. lol

On a serious note has anybody got synths, filters etc projects that would be fun with the guitar. My main pedals I use at the moment are the EH Synth, Bass Balls and Line 6 Filter Pedal.

I know frostwave do some cool stuff and that the alpahwave is knocking about but I think it would be rude to ask these guys if I can have there schematic/pcb layout for nothing,.

Cheers for listening to me rant

Austin

Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

trevize

i would like to start. i succesfully builded an inductor less wha and trying to connect it to a breadboarded lfo but i would like to make a kind of "modular" effect with more than an envelope, 1 lfo, and then wah, resonance and cutoff filters  etc. maybe patchable like a modular so you can connect everything with patch cables..

something like this:

ps does anyone already has an envelope follower layout or pcb ready? ;D

Processaurus

See this?
http://www.elixant.com/~stompbox/smfforum/index.php?topic=40860.0

It looks like its similar to the downsampling part of the Logic Bitcrusher plug in.  Stick it in a wah pedal or something.

Transmogrifox

Like ring modulators?
http://www.elixant.com/~stompbox/smfforum/index.php?topic=38429.msg272466#msg272466

I'm currently working on improving this design--sorry it's not a ready-to-build project, but the schematic shown will work.  I have had a bit of a break from the analog recently as I got my PIC programmer last month and some uC chips and MPLAB and I've been doing some microcontroller hobbying recently (just finished a little RS-232 ASCII message formatting device).  Now that the RS232 project got me on my feet with the PICs, I've been working on a PIC based signal generator so I can get my sines, tri's and ramps out of an 8 pin chip instead of an analog circuit that takes up half my breadboard.  I think I'll also have a tap tempo LFO mode for it too...why the heck not?

Anyway, check out some of the noise makers like PWM and ugly face...i also have a schematic for the filter in the KORG Delta synth.  It's an OTA based filter that seems to have a nice sound.  The ADSR might be an interesting function to add to a guitar effect.
trans·mog·ri·fy
tr.v. trans·mog·ri·fied, trans·mog·ri·fy·ing, trans·mog·ri·fies To change into a different shape or form, especially one that is fantastic or bizarre.