News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

3PDT Toggles

Started by Chrome Plated Suicide, February 18, 2006, 05:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrome Plated Suicide

Do any of you fine ladies and gentlemen know where one can procure a 3PDT toggle switch?  I wish to add one to some pedals in lieu of a footbutton.  I've browsed Mouser a tad but I lack the ubiquitous knowledge to be able to really know which item I need.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

CPS

tiges_ tendres

Quote from: Chrome Plated Suicide on February 18, 2006, 05:29:34 PM
Do any of you fine ladies and gentlemen know where one can procure a 3PDT toggle switch?  I wish to add one to some pedals in lieu of a footbutton.  I've browsed Mouser a tad but I lack the ubiquitous knowledge to be able to really know which item I need.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

CPS

right here, but check to see if you want to place an order with these guys first.  Plenty of stuff in the search section.

http://www.futurlec.com/Switches/3PDT11.shtml
Try a little tenderness.

The Tone God

See that "STORE" link above on this page ? Hit it.

Andrew

RDV

Quote from: The Tone God on February 18, 2006, 06:37:20 PM
See that "STORE" link above on this page ? Hit it.

Andrew
No toggles there.

RDV

Dave_B

I found some on ebay by searching for "3PDT"

No idea on quality, but they look suspiciously similar to the Cliff's we all know an love.
Help build our Wiki!

The Tone God

Quote from: RDV on February 18, 2006, 07:33:43 PM
No toggles there.

RDV

Ah OP means lever switches as opposed to pushbutton. Ah well there are plenty of selections from Mouser, Digikey, and other similar places.

How tough does this switch have to be ? You can go with minis for light duty or go with full size power switches which are alittle tougher.

Andrew

zachary vex

and of course there are inexpensive rotaries as well, available from Mouser.

danngreen

recommend the mini-toggles by Mountain.  Mouser partno 10TC280. Used them a dozen or so times and never had a problem with them. under $4 as I recall.

no one ever

Quote from: zachary vex on February 19, 2006, 01:49:25 AM

what's the practical difference between make before break and break before make?
(chk chk chk)

Dave_B

Quote from: danngreen on February 19, 2006, 03:39:22 PM
...the mini-toggles by Mountain.  Mouser partno 10TC280. Used them a dozen or so times and never had a problem with them. under $4 as I recall.
That would be great to have on the project board, where a stomp switch isn't practical. 
Help build our Wiki!

zachary vex

Quote from: no one ever on February 19, 2006, 04:08:17 PM
Quote from: zachary vex on February 19, 2006, 01:49:25 AM

what's the practical difference between make before break and break before make?

the vast majority of switches are break before make (for example, the blue 3pdt switch breaks all connections for about 1mS before remaking contact.)  make-before-break ensures continuous signal flow, but would be rather strange in a true-bypass situation (you'd have both input and output jacks connected together for a moment with the input and output to the board... everything shorted to everything.)

Connoisseur of Distortion

there's always futurlec, home of the cheap 3PDT... i have mine. they are mini 3PDT, seem acceptable.

christobean

does anyone know how much future elec. charges for shipping?

gulliver

Quote from: danngreen on February 19, 2006, 03:39:22 PM
recommend the mini-toggles by Mountain.  Mouser partno 10TC280. Used them a dozen or so times and never had a problem with them. under $4 as I recall.

Nice, but keep an eye on the size, that might be a bit large for some pedal mods. Going with two smaller switches for certain configurations may work better.