Using only a batt. w/ GGG layout..

Started by Also Wik, February 27, 2006, 06:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Also Wik

I'm building a TS-808 on a GGG PC board, using the layout on the site, but I'm not going to be using a power jack. My question is how would I wire this thing to use just a battery?

Also Wik

Also, can I use ribbon cable (from a computer..?) as hookup wire for this project? It's the perfect size to fit in the holes, and the 22ga I have won't fit..

Also Wik

hank reynolds 3rd

the ribbon cable should work fine,i guess

If you mean you just want the battery, with no dc jack or led ... just wire the red (positive) lead to where the red lead from the dc jack goes on the layout...

Also Wik

Well, what about the LED? If you look at the layout:
http://generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/ts_lo_808.gif

It shows the LED being connected to the jack and also the power jack... Where would this connection go without the power jack there?

twabelljr

Same thing. Hook the LED lead to 9v at the board where the battery snap will go. The 3pdt switches the LED to ground to turn it on.
Shine On !!!

Also Wik

so I solder bot hthe LED and the + of the battery jack to the same pad?

twabelljr

Shine On !!!

Wild Zebra

Here ya go, hope this helps.  This whole page is pretty usefull.  Lots of diff switching and wiring alternatives http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/switch_lo_3pdt_tb_battery.gif
"your stripes are killer bro"

Also Wik

Okay thanks guys. That's what I figured, but I'd rather be safe than have to resolder a bunch of stuff. Now all thats between me and my Screamer is a lone 510k resistor which I had failed to order... don't you hate it when that happens? And its the only one that ratshack doesnt have...

twabelljr

The 510k for the input buffer? If you want, you can go a bit higher with this resistor. One of the Keeley mods change it to 620k. Supposed to allow your pick-ups to "breathe". Just a thought, don't know how eager you are to test it and what other value resistors you might have.
Shine On !!!

Also Wik

I've got nothing close to 510k at the moment, otherwise I probably would have used it.. I dont have a "stocked" bench, i guess you would say.