News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Fun Combo!

Started by RDV, March 01, 2006, 09:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDV

NPN Si Tonebender into Shocktave with preamp from amp out into subamp and sub.

Big & Nasty. And FUN.

RDV

burnt fingers

Man you must have a lot of time on your hands.  I wish I had time to experiment like that.  Maybe we could ge some sound samples>

Scott ;D
Rock and Roll does not take a vacation!!

www.rockguitarlife.com
My Music

jmusser

I have both of them made up, so I need to give that a try.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

cab42

As a devoted TBNPNSI fan I have to try this and I actually have all the parts for the shocktave lying ready for soldering on my working table at home. What a coincidence.

I have also considered this approach for adding octave to the TB:
http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/Screamer%20Octave/tsoctave.htm

Regards

Carsten
  • SUPPORTER
"Rick, your work is almost disgusting, it's so beautiful.  Meaning: it's so darned pretty that when I look at my own stuff, it makes me want to puke my guts out."
Ripthorn

RDV

I'll try to record a sample tonight. It'll be a little tricky cause I'll have to mike up the guitar amp and the sub to get the effect.

It's just endless sustain with the octave really booming. Those who try it tell me if you think it almost sounds like it has the octave above as well. It sounds good enough to me to box them together.

Keep in mind that I did hook this up to my subwoofer as well as the guitar amp. I think it sounds better than the Blue Box and is certainly easier to control.

I tried a few other pedals in front of the Shocktave as well but they didn't have the same effect.

RDV

RDV

Quote from: burnt fingers on March 02, 2006, 12:32:49 AM
Man you must have a lot of time on your hands. 
The difference is no love life. :icon_sad:

I wish I had time to experiment like that.
You just make the time(or take it from someone else).

RDV