Mystery jacks! Any source?

Started by palthegiraffe, March 05, 2006, 09:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

palthegiraffe

This is the input jack from a Marshall Guv'nor (the older black-box version). I want to repair my friend's pedal, but have no idea where in the world to find another one like it, with all of the extra leads on it. Any clues? Here are pics:

StephenGiles

Where are you? If you are in the UK, I think maybe Maplin may have something like this.
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

palthegiraffe

Quote from: StephenGiles on March 05, 2006, 09:59:26 AM
Where are you? If you are in the UK, I think maybe Maplin may have something like this.
Stephen
In scenic Ohio, unfortunately! No Maplin here.

tommy.genes

The pic is a little blurry, but at first glance it looks like there are nine pins on that thing  :icon_exclaim: :icon_question: :icon_exclaim: :icon_question:

On second look, it appears that some of the pins might be connected to each other under the clear plastic. That might make some sense if they were going for a stronger physical connection to the board. Was this PCB mounted?

I can't imagine there being any more than six different connections on a jack: one each for tip, ring and sleeve, plus a normally-closed connection for each of those three. You can find that arrangement in the "Marshall Style" switching jacks in Aron's Store. We were just talking about those in another thread.

-- T. G. --
"A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend." - Captain Eugene Harold "Armor Abs" Krabs

Bernardduur

Wow, I searched a while for the exact same thing.....

It is housed in my Casio Digital Guitar and I wanted a normal jack out (instead of the mini plug I always needed); I gave up the search and wired in a normal jack and a switch (putting the plug in shut down the internal speaker).
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

boogietube

Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808

boogietube

Here's another link. You'll have to scroll down quite a way.
http://www.danelectroid.com/parts.html#jacks-plugs
Hope this helps
Sean
Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

And for anyone in Australia, Altronics part # P0076 has the same pins, might be different manufacturer.
"stereo 6.3mm socket with insulated switched DPDT switched contacts"

ErikMiller

Antique Electronics Supply (http://www.tubesandmore.com/) is a great source for oddball OEM jacks. I think I've seen that one in their catalog....

palthegiraffe

Thanks for the suggestions! I've rigged up a solution that should be good enough for my friend, combining a PCB-mounted stereo jack from a Boss pedal with a jumper wire on the PCB. Her pedal works fine now, and hopefully she won't be too hard on the jacks in the future.

I think that's going to be the last time I offer to repair a Marshall pedal! With all of the jacks mounted to the same board, when one starts to get loose it begins to affect the others, too. (This one had bad input and output jacks.)