Wah Wah Pedal Tweaking Issues (Morley PWA)

Started by deadsnake, March 14, 2006, 06:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadsnake

I think I'm convinced I should do that. I'm just worried that everytime I use the switch I going to hear a major change in my guitars tone because of this.

Thanks for the help I think I'm done with this. I think this is the way the pedal was supposed to work then. I might do another pcb using a inductor I used pinheads for the wiring job so I could quick realease the wires in case having to fix anything. I don't have a inductor right now they are hard to find ($$$.....) these days.

Thanks for the help again. I'm going to post some pics in the future about the mechanical/hardware part of the pedal.

deadsnake

I'm done with this I think. I'm going to put a bypass I was encouraged to do so. I was skeptical because of the major change in tone I'm going to get everytime I use the switch. I'm sure there is just a tiny ajustment I need to do to get it working smooth. Thank for the help. I'm convinced the pedal behaves this way :D

Thanks again.

GGM

vanhansen

Of course there's going to be a change in the tone.  You're going from a wah that accentuates a very small frequency range (hence creating the effect as you move the rocker back and forth) to one that is more even compared to the wah.  There's not much you can do about that.  Being able to bypass the circuit is a must otherwise you're playing with it constantly "on" and that doesn't always work for every situation.

You can get red or yellow fasel inductors.  I think our generous host, Aron, has some for sale.  Check the store link at the top of the form
Erik

SuperGeo

besides the volume , you're getting another problem with it? Mine it went from WW to AHH too suddenly, if you know what I mean. There was a part of the travel that the change from the bass to treble (W->AH) was too sundenly. Do you have this problem in yours?

deadsnake

Acctually you can change that. Did you make your own pedal then, the mechanical part too right? You can solve this using a pot of smaller resistance and bigger motion, if space it's not a problem in your stompbox. This is sure to do the trick. The one I made was recommended a 250K pot. I'm using a 500K pot but I'm not using all of the 500K of it. I'm using around 350K, because there were some mechanical issues that were not letting me use them. When you deal with wah pedals there is no such things as working out of the box (that's what I learned the hard way :-[).