What's inside your FD-II?

Started by alderbody, March 15, 2006, 04:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alderbody

For Fulltone FD-II owners.

I have one of them (the 3pos toggle version / compcut - FM - Vintage) and last night i examined the components.

I read somewhere that they come with a Ge transistor in the output stage, but all i found were two C828 (NPN Si)
The film caps are from TRACON, the electros are from Nichicon and Xicon, all visible resistors are 1/4W carbon film.
The pots are DI-YA and one of them is Alpha. I also found a small ceramic cap and a 4005 diode.
Some components were covered with a black ..."mud-thing".
The swithes are Fulltone 3PDTs and the jacks are some closed type, definately not from Switchcraft...

Since i bought mine from Europe, i'd like to know if Mr Fuller sends us the same stuff as he sells in the US.
I was mostly "triggered" by the Ge tranny not being in there. (OK, the info i read might have been misleading...)

So, what's inside yours?

alderbody

...sorry for the bump but...

hasn't anyone ever open an FD-II?

JHS

There is no difference between US and European units. Mike modifies the circuit often in details (transistors, diodes, output Rs and some other values), so there are at least 5 or 6 version of the FD2. It seems that he is on the search for the ultimate smooth, tranparent OD sound.

I don't know if the Ge-version is the latest or the Si-version (you need to check the S/N to tell which is what).

I've spotted a Ge-trannie in a very early FD, but I can't tell if it was stock or an aftersale mod.

JHS