Exhaustive JRC4558-type cross-reference chart?

Started by Guitar Toad, March 16, 2006, 12:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitar Toad

Is there such a thing as a cross reference chart for opamps that will readily interchange with the JRC4558D or the Brown Burr OP2134PA type chips? and That might include all manufacturers.

I see all the time the phrase..."or any compatible 8-DIP dual/single opamp". I just want to build a couple of Fuzz Centrals Liquid Drive circuits and experiment with the several opamp choices.

Thanks.

WGTP

Not all you want, but check out TI's site and do a parametric search.   :icon_cool:
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

Mark Hammer

There is a chart on my site (http://hammer.ampage.org) called "Ops, I did it again"  (Please Mr. Federline, don't hit me!).  It is not current but there is a listing of a great many opamps together with specs.  As well, just about any on-line catalog like Mouser or Digikey or Jameco will list op-amps and their specs.  If it is an 8-pin DIP and has two op-amps, there is a slim to none chance that it will NOT be pin for pin compatible.  Do yourself a favour, and save the pdf of that page or pages or else just do a screen dump and keep that on file.

Guitar Toad

Thanks Mark Hammer. You've help simplify this very concisely. I had wondered if 8-DIP is all I really needed to look at...now I know it is. The parametric seach on the TI site is helpful too.

Thanks for the help.

cab42

• SUPPORTER
"Rick, your work is almost disgusting, it's so beautiful.  Meaning: it's so darned pretty that when I look at my own stuff, it makes me want to puke my guts out."
Ripthorn

Guitar Toad

Banzai looks like a really great source also.

BTW, I ordered the Burr Brown OP2134PA, TI 4558P and 4559P, NJR 4558D and 4559D. Hopefully one of those will work out for me. If not, now I know how to find some others.

Thanks.

Guitar Toad

I saw on the Barber site about piggy-back stacking opamps. I want to try this. Is it better to piggyback or stack the same chips or different chips? Of course this maybe a personal taste decision. I may want to try this

Peter Snowberg

Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Guitar Toad