Build Report: TS-808

Started by Also Wik, March 16, 2006, 08:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Also Wik

Not a needed report but I'm happy with myself. I finally got a build to work, and that build is the TS-808. Used a GGG board and parts from the bear cave. Still have to drill the box, so its hangin' free for now:

Sounds great. Now I get to try and squeeze those 24mm pots into a little hammond box ;_; anyone have any pics of this? :(

Now its time to build a Bazz Fuss  :D

Melanhead

hmmm, never tried to squeeze the 24mm one's in ... I can get 4 into a B box using 16mm ;)

You'd be better of using the BB size box for what you have anyways as it'll be quite the feet to get the PCB, pots,switch and battery in a B size. I make all my layouts now to fit a B box ( as long as it's a simple circuit that is ) I get the pots and LED in the box, wires attached and labelled, then place velcro on the pots so that the PCB ( or vero in my case ) sits on the velcro. You have to be care that you can bend components down so it'll fit ... here's a pic of a 3 pot distortion:

http://aronnelson.com/gallery/melanhead/HeadcaseInside?full=1

nelson

Quote from: Melanhead on March 17, 2006, 06:10:21 AM
hmmm, never tried to squeeze the 24mm one's in ... I can get 4 into a B box using 16mm ;)

You'd be better of using the BB size box for what you have anyways as it'll be quite the feet to get the PCB, pots,switch and battery in a B size. I make all my layouts now to fit a B box ( as long as it's a simple circuit that is ) I get the pots and LED in the box, wires attached and labelled, then place velcro on the pots so that the PCB ( or vero in my case ) sits on the velcro. You have to be care that you can bend components down so it'll fit ... here's a pic of a 3 pot distortion:

I use the Zvex method of mounting 5 sideways. I have a paralell universe that has 5 knobs and two DPDT toggles and two footswitches in a B box.

I also have a build in the works that utilises PCB mount pots in the same configuration. The board is a strip designed to be the width of the height of a B box. That way you can fit 5 knobs some switches, 2 footswitches, jacks and a battery in a B size box.

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Melanhead

Quote from: nelson on March 17, 2006, 09:44:32 AM
Quote from: Melanhead on March 17, 2006, 06:10:21 AM

I use the Zvex method of mounting 5 sideways. I have a paralell universe that has 5 knobs and two DPDT toggles and two footswitches in a B box.

I also have a build in the works that utilises PCB mount pots in the same configuration. The board is a strip designed to be the width of the height of a B box. That way you can fit 5 knobs some switches, 2 footswitches, jacks and a battery in a B size box.

Very cool! ... I try and do them the way I do to fit a lot on my pedal board  ... If I started going sideways I'd create a big mess  :icon_mrgreen:

Also Wik

I might see what i can round up at the local Home Depot, and save the B box for a one or two knob-job.