Klon Type Booster Schem + pcb + layout

Started by ANDYEFFECT, March 17, 2006, 06:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANDYEFFECT

I received a schematic of a friend (thank you " Jürgen Szech "), and I decided to set up a PCB, and to place to work. 

I liked, if somebody is interested in setting up. 

here it is schematic + pcb + layout. 

[link removed - this is not a klon]
or
[link removed - this is not a klon]

Hugs. 

André 
" To have a better life, have better " thoughts. Jesus is a King ;D

Note from your moderator: Any circuit using the Klon name will get removed.

Bernardduur

Nice one.... shame we don't know what is inside a Klon
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

R.G.

QuoteNice one.... shame we don't know what is inside a Klon
I do know, and that is not it, not even close.

There is always the possibility that it reaches a similar sound by a different means, of course. I don't know, I haven't heard both.

Sorry, I'm under an obligation not to share, please don't ask.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

R.G.

This is a reiteration to stop the flood of private messages I got within minutes of that last post.

I apologize for this seeming like a dog-in-a-manger or a teaser. That's not my intent.

I also have a personal obligation not to see wrong info passed around. That's the only reason I wanted to comment that the schematic was not that of the Klon. The fact of the matter is, if that happens to sound like a Klon, that's great - it's considerably less complicated than the real one.

Once again, I have an obligation not to share the information, please don't ask. Asking by private message will necessarily result in a restatement of this note.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Bernardduur

Doesn't the Klon has a dual ganged pot for the gain?
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

amz-fx

Quote from: R.G. on March 17, 2006, 07:44:37 AM

There is always the possibility that it reaches a similar sound by a different means, of course. I don't know, I haven't heard both.

I'm sure there is no ill intent by Andre'  but I agree with RG and think it is a misnomer to call the circuit a "Klon-type" when there is no resemblence to even the publically available information about what is in a Klon pedal. It has a basic resemblence to one of the Boss pedals, like the maybe OD1 (my memory fails me on the exact one).  It won't sound remotely like a Klon...  :icon_cry:

However, thanks for your contribution, Andre'. 

Those interested in the Klon might want to read Mr. Finnegan's posts on the Gear Page forum:

http://thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=127805&page=3

Best regards, Jack

nelson

Quote from: R.G. on March 17, 2006, 08:46:32 AM
This is a reiteration to stop the flood of private messages I got within minutes of that last post.

I apologize for this seeming like a dog-in-a-manger or a teaser. That's not my intent.

I also have a personal obligation not to see wrong info passed around. That's the only reason I wanted to comment that the schematic was not that of the Klon. The fact of the matter is, if that happens to sound like a Klon, that's great - it's considerably less complicated than the real one.

Once again, I have an obligation not to share the information, please don't ask. Asking by private message will necessarily result in a restatement of this note.

I think this is fair, the builder obviously has the respect of R.G.
The builder relies on this one pedal for his livelyhood. (although he should have more of a product line, it would certainly sell)
I think we should extend the same respect we give to Zvex to the builder of the Klon.

Its only a matter of time though.

I cant help thinking there is a hint in the name.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

ANDYEFFECT

Quote from: amz-fx on March 17, 2006, 09:16:30 AM
Quote from: R.G. on March 17, 2006, 07:44:37 AM

I'm sure there is no ill intent by Andre'  but I agree with RG and think it is a misnomer to call the circuit a "Klon-type" when there is no resemblence to even the publically available information about what is in a Klon pedal. It has a basic resemblence to one of the Boss pedals, like the maybe OD1 (my memory fails me on the exact one).  It won't sound remotely like a Klon...  :icon_cry:

However, thanks for your contribution, Andre'. 

Those interested in the Klon might want to read Mr. Finnegan's posts on the Gear Page forum:

http://thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=127805&page=3

Best regards, Jack

yes it excuses for my bad English. 

I also know that " type ", doesn't mean exact. 

it is a good pedal and I posted because I know that a lot of people like to test projects and this works and the pedal has a good sound.

Peter Snowberg

Please do not post Klon schematics or circuits which are named after, or claim to be the Klon.

The Klon schematic, like many others is a protected one.

I will delete any post claiming to be a Klon.   :(

Thank you
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

aron

Yes, just rename the files to "clean type booster" or similar.