Help extracting an Ibanez electronic switch from a TS 808 schematic...

Started by Morocotopo, March 26, 2006, 01:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.G.

Quotenext time you feel compelled to correct my comments here, i'll oblige you and those builiding your projects with another circuit correction... thanks, R.G. "Should work, but I haven't built one" Keen.  now THAT sounds like hand-waving to me.  8^)

Oh! Ouch! Cut to the quick!

I guess I need some lessons from the master. Shall I start doing detailed public design reviews of your designs?   :)
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

zachary vex

Quote from: R.G. on March 28, 2006, 01:18:55 PM
Quotenext time you feel compelled to correct my comments here, i'll oblige you and those builiding your projects with another circuit correction... thanks, R.G. "Should work, but I haven't built one" Keen.  now THAT sounds like hand-waving to me.  8^)

Oh! Ouch! Cut to the quick!

I guess I need some lessons from the master. Shall I start doing detailed public design reviews of your designs?   :)

i answered the original poster's question in good faith.  look at you now, R.G., threatening the security of my intellectual property and the financial safety of my employees and their children.  thoughtless tough-guy internet swaggering.

if you had wanted to be helpful, you certainly could have put in your $0.02 without insulting another forumite's answer. 

The Tone God

Boys boys boys. We got stay focused on the plan, Freedom DIY.

Julian, Freedom DIY is catch LED.

I guess only TPB fans will get the reference.

The point is it is nice you guys have the free time to hijack a thread to bicker like two old farts. How about next time you do it privately ?

Andrew

Mark Hammer

You guys have each other's e-mail.  Work it out there, please.  We all like both of you too much to watch this sort of thing in public.  Don't make me come to your respective homes and hurt you.  Given how much driving would be involved, I would be really irritable too, so its not the sort of thing you want to risk.

Thanks in advance,
mark

It's like Ricky says, the spirit of the forum is all about gettin drunk and stoned with your friends and family, right Andrew? :icon_wink:

Now, about those chicken fingers.....

zachary vex

hey, i was playing nice until words started getting put in my mouth.  8^P

The Tone God

Quote from: Mark Hammer on March 28, 2006, 02:30:43 PM
It's like Ricky says, the spirit of the forum is all about gettin drunk and stoned with your friends and family, right Andrew? :icon_wink:

As Ricky would say "I hear that buddy."

Quote from: Mark Hammer on March 28, 2006, 02:30:43 PM
Now, about those chicken fingers.....

I got the good kind. Eight bucks!

Andrew

Morocotopo

Isn´t it funny how asking about electronic switches gets you photos of fried chicken?  :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:
Morocotopo

zachary vex

Morocotopo, have you tried building the Ibanez switch yet?  what kinds of effects circuits are you trying to use with electronic switches?

Morocotopo

Zachary, no, I haven´t tried it yet because of what I was advised in this thread. I want to use it with a D & R comp, and have in mind to build some more after this one (tremolos, a few distortions, phasers, a delay, etc. ) I don´t have a particular interest in fuzz faces or pedals that depend on direct connection with the guitar for sounding good, and i don´t mind if the pedals are not true bypass, I just want a noise/pop free switch schem to use with a momentary foosswitch that I can use with any circuit. At this point I´m not sure if I will try the R.G. switch, or try to design a PCB for the boss schematic, or try the Robins one ...

By the way, I have some questions about the boss schem, if anybody can answer, great:

- Where it says "DC adaptor (+) and (-), that´s where I should connect the battery + and -, right?
- What´s a 100R (bottom left resistor symbol)? 100ohms? 100K? and a 470R (just above the "DC ADAPTOR (-)" symbol?
- All ground, +9V and +4.5V points connect together respectively, right?

Thanks
Morocotopo

anti-idiot

*DC Adaptor + is obvious, the '-' is connected to ground (no bipolar stuff here)
*yup, it's 100 ohm (100R) and 470 ohm.
*Yup.

i have one question:
will this boss-style switcher work w a SPDT instead of MOM Switch?
If I was God you'd sell your soul to...

no one ever

Quote from: anti-idiot on March 28, 2006, 06:35:34 PM
*DC Adaptor + is obvious, the '-' is connected to ground (no bipolar stuff here)
*yup, it's 100 ohm (100R) and 470 ohm.
*Yup.

well, you were 1 for 3....

it is bipolar, and the 4.5v comes off the 47u cap at the left and goes to the other 4.5v points (thats a voltage divider there)
(chk chk chk)

Morocotopo

anti-idiot, don´t ask me!!! hell if i know!! :icon_mrgreen:
By the way, do you (or anybody) know if the circuit in between the "DC ADAPTOR (+) and (-)", "+9V" and "+4.5V" symbols is needed? or could I use something simpler to provide 1/2 VR, as in?:

Thanks
Morocotopo

anti-idiot

To N.O.E.

hell yeah, the '-' input is no connected to ground, but to diode and reistor. my mistake

i think 'respectively' stands for "all ground connected together, all +9v connected together and all +4.5v connected together". gimme some credit, that one is right!!! omg, u r more evil than my Anthropological theory teacher...

BTW, will the SPDT work instead of the MOM Switch?

To morocotopo:
i dunno, maybe (if the answer is 'yes' then i could save some money and time...)

Morocotopo

Ohhh... i´m slightly confused...
no one ever, you mean that "DC ADAPTOR (+)" should have +9V and  "DC ADAPTOR (-)" -9V?
Morocotopo

anti-idiot

i'm using the FET switching schem. (img. 4) of this web:
http://www.freeinfosociety.com/electronics/schemview.php?id=138

but still, i need to know if it works w/a SPDT.

Moroco, connect the negative input of the Adapt. to the diode (i think its for protection) or connect negative pole of 9v battery to ground.

Morocotopo

AI, thanks, that looks simpler and clearer!! You have made it and got it to work OK? Wich FETs do you use? What´s the  unmarked transistor at right? Do you, by any chance, have a PCB for that? :icon_wink:
Morocotopo

anti-idiot

yeah, much clearer i think, since ll is separated. i'm still designind the whole pedal (i'm about 95%) so i'm not using it yet. the fets are 2sk118 or 2sk30a, the transistor is 2sc3378 or 2sc732.
i'm glad i can help...

now it's your turn (all of you)!!!
i wanna know if a SPDT can be used instead of the mom switch??!!!! (i'm afraid this question will slowly turn into a running gag)

The Tone God

Quote from: anti-idiot on March 28, 2006, 07:56:53 PM
now it's your turn (all of you)!!!
i wanna know if a SPDT can be used instead of the mom switch??!!!! (i'm afraid this question will slowly turn into a running gag)

No. The flip flop operates on every low pulse. To use the circuit as is with a toggle would require two hits of the switch to cause a change in state. What you could do is remove the flip flop portion and replace it's outputs with the toggle SPDT.

Put pull ups on each output, connect each output to a pole and the center pole to ground.

Andrew

anti-idiot

damn... i was hoping to use a stereo cable and 2 stomp Sw like the marshall footswitch...
thanx anyway.
BTW d'ya know how to do some kinda marshall switching?
i wanna change between D+/uA on one side, and on the other to activate/desactivate LPB-2. all within a stereo cable.

Melanhead

Quote from: The Tone God on March 28, 2006, 02:26:43 PM

Boys boys boys. We got stay focused on the plan, Freedom DIY.

Julian, Freedom DIY is catch LED.

I guess only TPB fans will get the reference.

Andrew

Hmmmm, I get it ... I work on the show  :icon_wink: ....

Too bad this thread had to turn into such a sh*t storm :icon_mrgreen: