9v /12v Tube Driver Veroboard / 100% Complete + JFET Version

Started by finkfloyd, April 02, 2006, 06:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finkfloyd

Nice layout, 10 holes shorter ;)

Ive been building mine, either something is wrong or when ive wired the tube ive got the holes mixed up on the socket , no bypass sound either, led works thats about it
No light from the tube, but im testing from a 9v battery not psu

Took me all bleeding day, Ill try reversing the tube pinout

finkfloyd

Well Im stumped, I do get a bypass signal but not an engaged signal, (soundcard mic in, was on mute)

I tried wiring the tube backwards and nothing different, and the usual of checking traces etc..

Ill have a more indepth look tommorow, this has taken too long, I dont want to try the other layout just yet..

Also Spudulike Is you layout verified, I mean have you built it?

jimmy54

I'd be interested in knowing if the spudulike layout is verified too.  What kind of tone would you get from this effect.  Could it do a good clean boost?

monsterwalley

I just finished the non jfet version on a pcb and it sounds awesome.
I am a floyd nut and this was a piece that i was missing and didnt want to shell out
ebay prices. thanks

hilbi

Are any of the two vero layouts of the tubedriver verified?

I would like to build one.
hilbi

Built so far: PNP FuzzFace, MXR Dynacomp, EA Tremolo, AMZ Mosfet Boost, AMZ Super Buffer, Blue Magic, Peppermill, RM Axis Face, Sparkle Boost, BSIABII, ROG Ruby, AMZ Mini Booster, MXR Phase 45 Univibe, Tremulus Lune, Dallas Rangemaster, Ross Comp

d95err

Quote from: RLBJR65 on April 09, 2006, 10:41:01 PM
Fets are not just drop in replacements they require different biasing than tubes. Trim pots make it much easier to adjust but they take up a lot of space on vero.

A simple trick to avoid trimpots is to socket the bias resistors. You can then easily try different fixed values until you get the bias right.